Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - GW Launching New Site in 2014
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 06:22 AM
tu_shan82

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Hopefully it's more successful than the redesigned WD has been.

Personally I can't see hobby articles making a return to GW site unless it's in a pay to view section.
I don't know whether GW would actually be greedy enough or or stupid enough to actually charge outright for hobby content on their site, but I could see them monetising it some how, perhaps by making it available as "bonus" material available to download when you spend a certain amount in their online store or to WD subscribers or something along the like. Then again this is GW we're talking about, they'll probably will charge people outright for the content and try and disguise it as something like an "online fan club" with "free" hobby content and "special" promotion deals where people think they're getting something cheaper for themselves, but not really, just like these one click bundles. Also I think this will make things a lot harder for lovers of FW too if they do end up launching a new website and merging FW and BL into it. At the moment it's actually cheaper for people in Australia to buy Forge World stuff than it is to buy the plastic kits from the parent company. What this means is that a lot of people, mainly SM and IG players, buy stuff from FW to save money. GW know this, and they also know that they're losing sales because of it, so in true, prickish, GW style I can see them marking up the price of FW at a similar rates to the plastic kits for each individual country's store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome