Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Grey Knight Project - By SSG.House
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 09:44 PM
Ddraig Cymry

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG.House View Post
I really want to follow the GK paint scheme. But I would love to do some shading and highlighting to help them stand out. I dig the silver. And would love to try to put some blue into the over all finish.

What I origionally intended was to keep my GKs modular. The only items magnatized would've been the heavy weapons. Although the more I read the more I see people sticking to Psycannons and psyammo.
No I wasnt going to go nuts and use every bit. I was thinking long term bang for the buck. quick swapping of heavy weapon systems based on what I thought I would need against what ever fight I was going into, versus the cookie cutter psycannon/psyammo build.

I believe I spelled it out in my second post in the thread
I see. Well then I'll give some opinions on what I think of your thoughts in that second post, I just wanted to make sure I knew exactly what you wanted to do before I offered anything.

Your idea for the Strike Squads and Purifiers is good, they'll be the base of a lot of solid lists.

The Terminators haven't really been nerfed, just changed. And with those changes are the difficulties of changing to a new edition. Grey Knights and their Terminators are still feasible in 6th, so I think you'll have fun and be a force to be reckoned with.

Dreadnoughts work well as long ranged support, so that part is totally doable.

The DreadKnight is a good beatstick for Greater Daemons, Monstrous Creatures, and anything else big enough to be a hassle for your standard troopers.

Overall you've got a good game plan here, can't wait to see your army painted up! I'd like to try an Inquisitorial Retinue army sometime. Just seem interesting.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome