Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Prices going up, real reason.... the toury scene
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-25-13, 06:40 PM
Kreuger
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Uh oh.

Sc,
What trend are you seeing in the pricing model that supports this?
I suspect that if GW saw an opportunity to capitalize on that level of tournament player investment they would be all over it. If competitive players really had that sit if power and represented such a destabilizing force on their supply chain I think GW would be feeding it not poopooing it.

But I don't know that there is any data to really support that there is "pressure" being exerted on GW by the competitive scene to produce flavors of the week.

We DO know there is constant (economic) demand from players for new models to paint and use, and there is pressure from a business standpoint to keep producing and selling to meet shareholder profit expectations. But I don't see players deeply involved in the competitive tourney scene abandoning the hobby because there aren't enough new and over powered units/armies scheduled to come out.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome