Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - ammo belt size
Thread: ammo belt size
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Lemmy1916

Lemmy1916's Flag is: Switzerland

Default ammo belt size

Hi fellow heretics. i plan on buying some ammo belts that will be attached to my chaos havoc's assault cannons (proxy for autocannons, i think the assault cannons look way more badass).

Now, i've spotted 3 potential kits:
- The first one, molded in pewter (and therefore bendable), is from dragonforge. width: 4.5 mm
- The second is from zinge productions, in flexible resin, with a metal wire in it that allows posing as well. The latter comes as a sprue with a variety of belts, and the one i'm interested in is the one on the far right. The size indicated on the site is 5.6mmx 2.5mm
- The third one is from armorcast, in pewter as well. I like its crude look and the size looks reasonable

What do you think would be the best bet? Especially keeping in mind the size of the rounds in comparaison to the plastic autocannon model (the one from the land speeder)? I don't want the ammo to look too much thin, it is an assaul CANNON after all, not an assault machine gun. But i'm afraid that the biggest option (n.2) might look a bit overscaled.

Any suggestion and help is welcome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ammofeed_belt size 4.jpg (50.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Large Ammo Belts-1024x1024.jpg (87.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Capture d’écran 2013-06-22 à 23.45.19.png (127.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Lemmy1916; 06-22-13 at 10:11 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome