Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Dark Disciple Review
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 07:20 PM
darkreever
Senior Moderator

Good work with this one Lord of the Night; though I must admit I found your opening a bit over-reaching if only a tad. Mostly because though the part the Dark Eldar play has its importance, I think their mention here, like their actions in the book, could have been kept more to the shadows.

That aside though, definitely agree with your thoughts on Dark Disciple and, having read the book and knowing what you chose not to mention, appreciate the with-holding.

Also didn't see the kindness sub story ending the way it did either, but there was most definitely a bit of a smile on my face when I read it; the irony of his actions was simply grand.

When it came to the dynamic between Marduk and Kol Bador, I found it to be very, very dry. While in many cases that would be bad, for them it actually worked; likely because we know that despite his hate, Kol Bador is a soldier who dogmatically follows his orders even if they are from someone he loathes (which made that one action by him all the more of a 'betrayal.')

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome