Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Army List Must-Haves
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Lipsidius1

Default Army List Must-Haves

Hello all,

Please forgive this post if it or some form of it has already been posted, but in building lists for more competitive tournament games the obvious has struck me...and that is that one needs to account for any and all possibilites that may arise within your alotted points total. Now I know right now you read that and said to yourself, "Duh!" and I don't blame you as I would too, but it's not always as easy as it may seem. There are so many factors that come into play, opponent, mission, deployment, horde armies (aka Orks and Nids), flyers, etc. that make creating a list rather difficult.

One must be balanced enough to deal with hordes, flyer defense and AV14/MCs as well as having enough scoring units to take and hold objectives in order to win. What I'd like to know from the community, especially those who have more experience in tournaments is what are some of the must-have units necessary to not only win, but to at least be competitive in games. Don't get me wrong I love to win as much as the next guy, but I'd rather play in a really tough hard-fought game that is decided on the 7th turn more by tactics, decision making and some luck (good or bad) than be tabled or table cause of shitty lists.

I'm not looking for specifics, though examples would be greatly appreciated, but a more general feel of what one brings to the party regardless of the codex they use. For example how many troop choices and why? How many flyers if any? CC heavy? What kind of HQ? etc.

All thoughts are very much welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lipsidius1; 06-13-13 at 08:17 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome