Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone read 7th Retribution?
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 07:08 AM
Sequere_me_in_Tenebras

Sequere_me_in_Tenebras's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
This! This is why I enjoyed the Junk-Daemons and the monstrous creatures that appeared in KNF. Because they are obviously Daemonic in origin. The Blood Angels arrive in Signus and see a Bloodletter in that empty city their rational views will not let them see it as a Daemon, they'll call it a xeno that they've never seen before. But when the Junk-Daemons appear it's impossible to deny a supernatural origin to them, they can't be called xenos because it's blatantly obvious that no xeno could do what they did, only something that isn't mortal could turn a city into a monster and create an army of nightmares out of everyday objects. It was a bucket of cold water to the Blood Angels collective face, showing them without any room to question that Signus was under attack by something they had been told did not exist, Daemons.
Completely agree. Corruption and by extent possession goes beyond just flesh (in my mind anyway). A lot has been said about this part of the FTT. Personally I didn't have a problem with it, as it showed something different, something a author hasn't shown beyond 'flesh' possession. Bravo on that.

Current PhD student at Exeter University - "For the Glory - The Development of Battlefield tactics throughout the Ancient World."

Moments that amused me; Sevatar Prince of Crows

(When running into Alastor Rushal "The Raven" on the Invincible Reason)
"You won't believe how I got here."

(When told that a Commodore has survived an ambush and is now the highest ranking survivor.)
"That makes him the new fleet admiral. Offer him my insincere congratulations on a rank he earned purely by being the last naval officer standing. But what's the bad news?"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome