Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Eldar RUMORS
Thread: Eldar RUMORS
View Single Post
post #248 of (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:10 PM
Sethis

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandawithissues... View Post
The wraithguard models still hold up fairly well though, though I doubt anyone's complaining about making them plastic!
Compare them in size to a modern Terminator - do they really look like a T6 model? The same toughness as a Trygon? They should be large based models, and thus need to be a lot bulkier and bigger.

Quote:
I understand why GW is pushing these large models, but for the love of squid, if they were going to do one for the Eldar, why the FUCK wasn't it the Avatar? It's always been too small, and needs a resculpt desperately. Always a centrepiece model and focal point in an Eldar army, so why not make it that way?
Damn right. Why invent something new when a revamp is so obviously needed to existing models?

Quote:
The Grav tanks and vipers still hold up very well.
The wraithlord is an excellent model, and in many ways, I think the wraithguard still look pretty solid.
I don't like the war walkers much, but I can see why they'd keep the kits (tbh, I'd have removed them from the army completely before the new kits came out a few years ago, but whatever).
The guardians are ok.
The warlocks/farseers are ok.
The rangers are some of the nicest models GW has ever managed to produce.
I'd disagree with you on the Walkers (which are fine to my eyes) and the Psykers - all of our HQ choices are looking very very dated compared to recent releases. They're small, 2 dimensional, and static in their poses. Compared to what GW is now capable of (plastic Chosen, the entire DE range, new Necrons) then every single character we have deserves a resculpt.

Quote:
The jetbikes still date from second ed. They were shit when the first lot of Dark Eldar came out and showed a much nicer jetbike model. The newer DE reavers just blow this shit out of the water.

The weapon platforms still aren't very good. (And also probably should have been phased out. Like the war walkers, they just don't fit the mobile aesthetic).
Agreed. Heavy Weapons should follow the precedent of the FW Corsairs and the jetbikes are some of the worst models currently on the shelves.

Quote:
The only ones that are passable are the Dark Reapers and Howling Banshees. The rest look really dated. The phoenix lords all date from 2nd ed and look like it. The plastic Dire Avengers aren't my cup of tea, but I doubt GW would be likely to change them any time soon.
I'm not a big fan of the current banshees or reapers, but frankly I'd let the entire aspect warrior range lie still for an edition if it meant new bikes, HQ choices and Wraithguard.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome