Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Termie Armour
Thread: Termie Armour
View Single Post
post #107 of (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 01:59 AM
Serpion5
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
I shall say one last thing here. This is not aimed at any one person, despite the quote.

There is no such thing as an "inherent right to say what you want". You have the ability to say what you want, but we live within a society that has both written and unwritten rules on what you should say, and what you shouldn't.

Just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should. Take a few minutes to consider consequences before you write/say whatever just popped into your head. Consider that it might offend/be taken wrong/be a truly dickish thing to say full stop.

Too many problems today stem from a lack of responsibility for our own actions. If more people realised that you, and you alone are responsible for what comes out of your mouth, and the consequences of that, then the world would be a nicer place.

Internet anonymity doesn't change that what is being said shouldn't be being said. It's too easy a step to make from "I can say whatever I like because I'm anonymous and will never actually meet these people" to "I'll just talk like that all the time".

Also, just because you're anonymous doesn't mean the person on the recieving end isn't a real person. Try to remember that.

And I've been on this forum a long time. "Dark sense of humour" is not the same as "license to be a twat". Some things are just not funny, and should not be trivialised.

Yes, I have insulted people in my life. But if it's been inadvertant, I've apologised. If it's been intended, it's been bloody obvious. But most importantly, if it's been jokingly, it's been really obvious it's a joke, and never at the expense of personal issues.

If no-one but you can tell it's a joke, then it's not a joke.
EDIT: Know what, never mind. I disagree with you is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
But for the sake of argument, and back to the original topic... that's a freaking sweet suit of Terminator armor. The Imperial Fists one. If I had $2000 to blow right now, I'd probably be trying to get in touch with Roses and Boltshells to make a suit of power armor for me. I love all that kind of stuff...halloween is my favorite holiday, and the idea of tromping around the bars in power armour is super funny in my mind... but also, just having a suit to display in the game room would be very cool, I think.
I do agree with this, and had I any reason whatsoever to own such a suit I would also be seeking out somebody with this level of talent to help me out. Sad fact is there are precious few cons in this country that I could make it to and Halloween isn't widespread enough to justify it either. Also I have near zero storage space for something that size.

There was a time when I was seriously considering a necron costume, complete with cape and faux warscythe. Seeing something like this really makes me want to go for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
I'm not one to rip on other people's hobbies. Unless they're furries. That shit's creepy.
I disagree and you make me cry.

Nonsense is our Salvation

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome