Thread: Termie Armour
View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 08:06 AM
humakt
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
Doesnt anyone think it's funny how people have taken this thread about sharing what I think is a cool termie suit, the geads abit small but meh
And turned into a massive shitstorm of a rant about virginity and all this!
And about 40k being a 'chick repelant', the only girls that will leave you when you find out are uncaring, insensitive bitch ones which you don't really want to go out with. The nice, caring and understanding ones, which you do want to hang our with will either say 'bit wierd, but I don't care' and stay out of your way on the matter or 'cool, can I join in?'
I think its ridiculous that this whole thing has been blown totally out of proportion. Some people liked the suit others did not, some throught it expensive otheres did not. There was some banter about it likly to be made by a virgin, then people started jumping down and making a fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
I don't take it as a joke because I'm not reading it as a joke. You may see what, in your mind, constitutes a little harmless. I see people being purposely malicious because, in their minds, they see someone who is so much of a "geek" or "nerd" that it makes gamers look like extremists and that fills them with the fear of being associated with such individuals. Why not focus on the skill and creativity that went into the project rather than basking the guy?

My self-esteem is doing quite well thank you, as it isn't mine that is coming under potential attack. Trying to make this into some pop psychology lesson simply isn't going to work.

I am not in possession of any fear that "gamers are not attractive to girls". The fact that you read that into my statement is a testament to your own fears.

And my statement about how a woman would react? Well gosh...it's just a joke. Can't you take a joke?
I think you are reading way to much into this. Boltshells has made a fine suit of terminator armour, although I dont like the weathering effect or the tubing stomach. He claims its for his buisness, which is all fine and dandy, but this also means he is open to criticism. I dont think it has anything to do with people being scared he is a nerd extremists.

The virgin thing probably was not required and without that this thread would have lived for a short period before sinking into the depths of obscurity.

And personally the best Space Marine armour I have seen created it here

http://www.wired.com/design/2012/07/warhammer-spacemarine-costume-diy/

But once again the heads look a bit too small, but being as they are not actually Space marines wearing the suits there is very little you can about that.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome