Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Unit Game: Retro Edition #2 - DAKKA
View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
spanner94ezekiel
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey, well I've only gone and finalised the UNIT REQUIREMENTS!!!

Ultimate Unit Game: Retro Edition #2 - Dakka!

- You may take one unit from any 40k codex that comes to 200 points or under.
- This unit may only consist of one Kill Point, and may not be or contain a named Character, or be a Flier or Flying Monstrous Creature.
- Note that all other vehicles and monstrous creatures are allowed.
- Also note that any Forge World units from any Forge World army are also permitted, on the conditions that a) they must be the most up to date rules, and b) they are not an Apocalypse unit.

Notes on Gameplay

- This will be a knock-out tournament, similar to the previous Game. Contestants will be drawn against each other each round until there is only one victor left.
- Any spaces left in the 32 slots will be taken up by filler units.
- Units will shoot simultaneously, resolving casualties at the same time.
- Wounds will be allocated randomly across the unit, with the exception of Precision Shots, though Look Out Sir! saves may be taken as usual.
- All units are considered to be Fearless to avoid roflstomping by higher LD units, and to avoid Pinning situations.
- Units are considered to be at minimum distance from each other, meaning they will be within Melta, Rapid Fire, Grenade and Salvo distance. Note however that weapons that increase in damage over distance will unfortunately be at their minimum range. Also note that Ordnance Barrage weapons with minimum ranges will be considered to be within range, so may fire as normal.
- If you have preferences regarding the use of combi-weapons etc, please notify me before the game starts.
- Note that any abilities/powers/etc that are used in the Movement or Assault Phases, may not be used in this game. Abilities etc that are used before the Movement Phase, in the Shooting phase, or during/before Deployment are acceptable

Template/Blast weapons will work as following:
- Template: D3+1 automatic hits
- Small Blast: D6
  • 1-2 - No Hit
  • 3-4 - 2 Hits
  • 5 - 4 Hits
  • 6 - 6 Hits
- Large Blast: D6
  • 1 - No hit
  • 2 - 2 Hits
  • 3 - 5 Hits
  • 4 - 7 Hits
  • 5 - 9 Hits
  • 6 - 12 Hits

*Please note that the number of hits/template cannot exceed the maximum number of models in the target unit.

I require your entries by Midnight on Friday 26th April - I will still accept entries from people who have not yet expressed an interest. If you require an extension on this deadline, please inform me in advance, else I will simply strike you off the list of competitors.

REWARDS - Um... yeh. This is still a WIP as far as I know. While the immediate reward for coming in the top four may not be apparent (I will +rep all top four contestants), but there is a long term award system in the works. All and any participation in any of the games that I have run will count towards this, so fear not!

Good luck to all, and may the shootiest entry win!

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome