Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Dark Angels list
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 01:09 PM
spanner94ezekiel
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
This list is an idea I had last night right before bed. Its Dark Angels Tri-Wing. I'm not including an FOC points list because I'm without a 'dex at the moment.

HQ
Librarian, Master Level 3 (input on powers would be appreciated)
Well you can only get as far as Mastery Level 2. I'd go with either dual Divination, or Divination/Telepathy depending on what roles he's required for.
Interrogator Chaplain, Plasma Pistol
I don't rate IntChaps in the new codex. There are so many better options - however if you do want one then a Mace of Redemption is absolutely necessary.
Command Squad, 5 Power Weapons, 4 Storm Shields, Banner (which one?)
Need a Rhino - also, for the banner I'd probably get the one with Counter-attack. The bolter buff one is too pricey, and FNP is a moot point really when you have an Apothecary (which you should have). The Chapter and Company Standards I don't really think are necessary.

Troops
Tactical Squad, ML w/ Flakk, Plasma Gun, Rhino
Tactical Squad, ML w/ Flakk, Plasma Gun, Rhino
Nice. I prefer meltaguns but that's just me.
Combat Squad, Melta Gun, Sgt w/PW, Melta Bombs, Rhino
Fair enough - makes sense with the above.
Scouts, ML w/ Flakk, 4 Sniper Rifles
Yep.

Elite
Dreadnought, 2 Auto Cannons, Drop Pod
Doesn't want the pod with the Rifleman setup. Also, Venerable is a nice plus for WS5.

Deathwing, 5 TH&SS, Landraider Redeemer
Deathwing, 5 TH&SS, Landraider Redeemer
Ah - I don't use Deathwing like Assault Terminators are used in vanilla SM. You pay a premium price, not only for the terminators, but also for the TH/SS (they don't get it free). Thus instead I'd play to their strengths and set them up as a shooty unit. Then take one Deathwing Command Squad (scrap the normal one and give the IC terminator armour). Then they can have a Redeemer and it's all good.

Fast Attack
Ravenwing, 2 Melta Gun, Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta, Sgt w/ PW & MB
Ravenwing, 2 Melta Gun, Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta, Sgt w/ PW & MB
Nephilim
Nice. Nephilim's kinda pricey and works best in pairs, so I prefer Flakks for my AA deterrent. However, if you come up against Heldrakes a lot, then the Nephilim's a good shout. Sgts don't need Power Swords btw - they shouldn't be in combat.

Heavy
Predator, HB Sponsons
Predator, HB Sponsons
Landspeeder Vengeance
Nice.

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line, Icarus Prefer a Quad Gun myself as Vendettae are more common than Heldrakes (at least for me).

That's it. Seems excessive and is probably way up there in points.

You're around the 3100 mark with your list. With my edits it stands at around 2800.
C&C are always welcome.
If you wanted to cut this down to a reasonable level (below 2k to avoid dual FOCs), I'd suggest dropping one HQ and the Ravenwing squadrons. Then the Vengeance is a maybe, and you wouldn't need the ADL.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome