Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - New Player Needs Help With Eldar Army
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 03-13-13, 01:08 AM
Ragewind
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadasdor View Post
Wow, thank you again. It's good to know what my army's focus is (moving in, as opposed to hanging back) now I have a better starting point. Why not add another Wraithguard to their unit for 35 points, to get you closer to 2000? The serpent can hold up to five along with the two characters and 58 points just seem like a lot to go to waist... Also, did you look at the models I have in my collection, beside the ones in my current list? There may (probably not, but may) have been some useful things there. I definitely like the look of this list, now I just have to figure out how to proxy the warlock bikes and the third platform... I will try something like this out my next game, for sure, though. The biggest problem I have been having against my friend's SM army has been his high armor saves. That has been my main reason for going D-Cannons instead of a cheaper option. Will the Weavers actually bring the pain against SM? Same question for the shuriken weapons, as they have not done me much good in the past.
No I just used the models from your last list. If you simply want to pop a 3+ Save then Yirel, Wraithlords, and Harliquins+Shinning Spears and Dark Reapers will remove swaths of Marines from the table. Yes D-Cannons are amazing but you will want to run two squads, the whole not putting all your eggs into one basket thing.

If you are lacking in the AP 3 weaponry you can bury them in armor saves. With enough Str 6 shots you can make them roll so much they lose guys. For this to work you need to focus fire until the squad is gone.

You really don't need more than the two Dark Reaper squads. You hit 4-5 guys per blast you will remove the whole squad in one shot. With two Dark Reaper squads you can remove two squads of Space Marines per turn.

If I just wanted to kill marines all day I would run something like this

2000 Pts - Eldar Roster

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers (4#, 222 pts)
1 Farseer, 75 pts ((pp.26, 28 & 60 Eldar); Psyker (1); Mind War ; Fleet; Ghosthelm; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade; Independent Character; 6E Psychic Disciplines: ; Divination; Telepathy)
2 Dark Reapers, 147 pts ((pp.34 & 66 Eldar); Reaper Launcher)
1 Dark Reaper Exarch ( Crack Shot ; Tempest Launcher)

Heavy Support: Support Weapon Battery
3 Support Weapon Battery , 150 pts ((pp.45 & 66 Eldar); Artillery; D-cannon)
6 Guardians (Shuriken Catapult x6)

Heavy Support: Support Weapon Battery
3 Support Weapon Battery , 150 pts ((pp.45 & 66 Eldar); Artillery; D-cannon)
6 Guardians (Shuriken Catapult x6)

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers
1 Farseer, 90 pts ((pp.26, 28 & 60 Eldar); Psyker (1); Mind War ; Fleet; Ghosthelm; Rune Armour; Runes of Warding; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade; Independent Character; 6E Psychic Disciplines: ; Divination; Telepathy)
2 Dark Reapers, 147 pts ((pp.34 & 66 Eldar); Reaper Launcher)
1 Dark Reaper Exarch ( Crack Shot ; Tempest Launcher)

: Imperial Bastion
1 Imperial Bastion, 110 pts (Emplaced Heavy Bolters x4; Medium Building (Armour Value 14))
1 Gun Emplacement (Icarus Lascannon)

: Imperial Bastion (2#, 110 pts)
1 Imperial Bastion, 110 pts (Emplaced Heavy Bolters x4; Medium Building (Armour Value 14))
1 Gun Emplacement (Icarus Lascannon)

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron
3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, 66 pts ((pp.40 & 64 Eldar); Eldar Jetbike; Eldar Jetbike; TL Shuriken Catapults x3; Hammer of Wrath; Jink; Relentless)

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron
3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, 66 pts ((pp.40 & 64 Eldar); Eldar Jetbike; Eldar Jetbike; TL Shuriken Catapults x3; Hammer of Wrath; Jink; Relentless)

Heavy Support: Wraithlord
1 Wraithlord, 130 pts ((pp.47 & 66 Eldar); Monstrous Creature; Fearless; Wraithsight; Flamer x2; Wraithblade; Starcannon; Fear; Hammer of Wrath; Move Through Cover; Relentless; Smash)

Heavy Support: Wraithlord
1 Wraithlord, 130 pts ((pp.47 & 66 Eldar); Monstrous Creature; Fearless; Wraithsight; Flamer x2; Wraithblade; Starcannon; Fear; Hammer of Wrath; Move Through Cover; Relentless; Smash)

HQ: Warlock Unit
1 Yriel, Prince, 155 pts ((pp.52-53 & 61 Eldar); Fleet; Doomed; Master Strategist; Eye of Wraith; Forceshield; The Spear of Twilight; Plasma Grenades; Independent Character)
1 Warlock Unit, 210 pts
1 Warlock ((p.27-28 & p.60 Eldar); Fleet; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade)
1 Warlock ((p.27-28 & p.60 Eldar); Embolden ; Fleet; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade)
1 Warlock ((p.27-28 & p.60 Eldar); Enhance ; Fleet; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade)
1 Wave Serpent ((pp.45 & 63 Eldar); Vehicle (Fast, Skimmer, Tank); 12 model capacity; Energy Field; Star Engines; TL Shuriken Catapults; TL Shuriken Cannons; Jink)

Troops: Guardians
10 Guardians, 95 pts ((p.39 & p.64 Eldar); Fleet; Shuriken Catapult x10)
1 Weapon Platform (Scatter Laser)

Troops: Pathfinders (Rangers)
7 Pathfinders (Rangers), 168 pts ((pp.38 & 64 Eldar); Fleet; Infiltrate; Move Through Cover; Stealth; Ignore Difficult Terrain; Pathfinder Stealth; Scouts; Shuriken Pistol x7; Ranger Long Rifle)

Total Roster Cost: 1999

Reapers go inside the bastions for protection, Cannons on top for 3+ cover, one of the guardians man the Las-Cannon for anti-air duty. Lords hang behind the fortress and pops whatever gets close, jetbikes hide in reserve and then come in and hide, guardians hang to the side and advance, rangers pew pew. Farseers swap for prescience and guide the Reapers.
Yirel runs up with the locks and disembarks in a safe place, one he charges something (either seperate or with the locks) use his Eye attack to remove the whole squad. If he is with the locks they might survive since they have a 4+ invul. Otherwise split them off and charge something else.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome