Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - New Player Needs Help With Eldar Army
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 03-12-13, 05:00 PM
Ragewind
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadasdor View Post
Ok, I can see two uses for Maugan Ra. In the first one he is your assassination unit, finishing off units that only have a model or two left, in order to get those extra kill points. I believe the second on is more likely, I believe he goes along with a unit of Fire Dragons and helps them survive/kill the survivors after they pop a tank. Also, I may have to look at Tau, after you mentioned the artillery rule, because I love my D-Cannons.
Intresting, but we need to go deeper.

I place Maugan in the annex that houses the Krakstorm Missile Launcher. Its range is 12-72 and is a Str 8 Ap3 ordanance barrage.

Ra twin links it with his BS7, making sure it always hits, and uses fast shot to turn it into a multiple barrage weapon. And for pesky units that have good cover saves he uses Crack Shot to deny any saves and to make sure all wounds stick. He also technically has Night Vision and thus would allow the Launcher to bypass night fighting.

As you can prob tell he will tear a new asshole into any squad he shoots at or vehicle parking lot. Often times he can wreck 2+ vehicles with a multi barrage ordanace hit.

He also has a 2+ armor so can survive the impact hits when people start shooting the annex.

When/if the annex is deatroyed he wanders around killing things or if i am somehow deaperate performs counter charge for me.

Edit: kramstorm is a large blast
Can you tell me where both the Fire Dragon squads go and why?

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

Last edited by Ragewind; 03-12-13 at 05:06 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome