Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Not So Grim-Dark?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
BlackGuard

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Default Not So Grim-Dark?

I'm new to Fantasy so forgive me for any blatant falsehoods I may speak -- but to me Warhammer Fantasy is not nearly as grim dark as Warhammer 40k. Is this intention or am I missing some key event here?

I've read the 7th Edition Rulebook where it states that Acheron is the Lord of the End Times and that a giant Chaos Horde, largest in the world, is about to descend upon the World. But then, the book also says that each time as Everchosen rises, he is inevitably challeneged and (so far) killed by a good hero. Chances are Acheron won't be the lucky guy.

On top of that the Empire seems to be in a far better state than the Imperium. Its leader is supposedly the 'greatest statesmen in the known world'. The Empire, at least on the outside, seems very united behind the Griffon Emperors. To the south Bretonnia is, while not the equal of the Empire, still doing fairly well for itself.

The High Elves still retain control over Ulthuan and are getting along well with the Humans and Dwarves (somewhat). Hell to me, its pretty much the ideal set up.

Compared to 40k, its not exactly an unreasonable place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome