Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Farseer Cosplay
Thread: Farseer Cosplay
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Sethis

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Updated with pics. At this point the gauntlet is so hard I can smash it against the desk and it'll fly out of my hand before it breaks. Good stuff!

Armour (Filler stage)

Required Materials:

- P38 Easy Sand Isopon (Halfords)
- Applicator (Bit of wood/plastic/metal)
- Craft Knife/Razor blade
- The usual PPE, mixing pot, measuring pot etc. Keep wearing that respirator!

You should now have a pretty tidy item with smoothed off fiberglass inside and either resin or fiberglass on the outside, depending on what you did with it.

Now you mix up some of the P38 (Americans call it ďRondoĒ so if you want a tutorial video, google that instead). Again, follow the instructions on the box and wear your PPE.

Once more, itís easier to do it in smaller stages, particularly for large items. Try a minimum amount first, see how far it gets you, and then you can estimate how much you should mix up in future. Better too little - and use everything you have - than waste filler by either having excess left over or not being able to use it all before it starts to harden.

Splodge it on, wipe it about, and get as smooth a coverage as you can. Itís in your best interests at this stage to start trying to get it as smooth as possible, and to start looking to get the curves right, because itíll save you a *lot* of sanding later if you pay attention now.

When youíre done and the filler is half cured (i.e. still bendy and flexible but doesnít come off on your fingers) you can save yourself some time sanding if you go over it with a craft knife or razor blade and trim off any big blobs you might have, or any detail that youíve obscured. Donít go nuts and cut right back to the resin, just get rid of big bits of excess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000680.JPG (298.3 KB, 6 views)

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

Last edited by Sethis; 01-27-13 at 08:34 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome