Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 2000pt Competitive Slaaneshi Army
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 10:30 AM
Mossy Toes
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Hmmm. I dunno if I'd call it competitive: 4 AV12 walkers aren't exactly a reliable battle line, especially at 2k points. The Lord doesn't add anything but a handful of lightning claw attacks to a unit brimming over with the same—give him a power fist and the BBoS or something. The Noise Marines and DP should be fun, though, as well as the spamming of GoM.

I can see it being a very enjoyable army to play; not it winning many tourneys as it currently stands, however.

To make it more competitive? Drop the Warp Talons and 4 walkers and add 3 squads of as-large-as-possible Biker squads with 2x melta, MoS and an IoE: T5 FNP, so essentially Plague Marines with t-l bolters and CCW+BP, Relentless, I5, Hammer of Wrath, 12"+ movement... Okay, a lot better than Plague Marines, not scoring, and only a few points more expensive per model. Swap the Lord's jump pack for a bike, obviously.

The problem here: bikes cost $15 each. I'd say get the new Hellstriders for WHF and swap the marauder torsos for CSM ones: instant cavalrybikes for about $6.50 each. It's how I'm making my own bikers, I know (Cold Ones for Khornate, Hellstriders for Slaaneshi, and Chaos Knights and VC Black Knights for Nurglish ones).

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 12-30-12 at 10:43 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome