Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Alternative ratlings

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  maelstrom48 
#1 ·
Been pondering for a while about getting some traitor guard for my chaos army, few extra bodies with some nice imperial guard abilities. Considered getting some ratlings but not a particular fan of the models. Anyone any ideas what would be best to use as a convertion so dont have to deal with metal figures?

#3 ·
I know you're trying to avoid metal, but since aesthetics are the issue, I thought I'd jump in and recommend Infinity. They make some fantastic models. For example, my Vindicare stand-in:

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2011/miniatures/al-hawwa%E2%80%99-unit-2/

Also, if you don't mind using standard Cadians and doing some conversion work, sniper rifles are actually remarkably easy to convert. You can make long-las by splicing together two lasguns (cut the end off the wielder's weapon, cut a spare lasgun in half, glue it onto the end; lasgun is now 1.5 times longer), and the Heavy Weapons Team sprues provide a pretty nifty little scope that could pass for a real-life ACOG/Holographic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.