Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 6th Edition Rumors (1st Post Updated 22 June 2012)
View Single Post
post #404 of (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 08:18 PM
MadCowCrazy
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

More Finecast

Tau: Commander Shadowsun
Krootox
Available for pre-order July14th

Divination
1. Foreboding - is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, the Psyker and his unit have the Counter-attack special rule and fire Overwatch on their full Ballistic Skill, rather than Ballistic Skill 1. Note that this does not allow weapons that could not normally fire Overwatch to do so.

Interesting note on the Hour of the Witch page.
"Only the armies (and units within those armies) specifically mentioned here can access the new psychic powers. Some armies (namely the Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tau) don't have psykers at all, whilst other races harness the Warp in such an unusual way (Orks and Chaos Daemons in particular) that they always use their own unique rules.

Why wasn't Sisters of Battle mentioned in the above exclusion together with DE, Nec and Tau? Knowing GW it's most likely a miss as when it comes to the SoB they can't even spell their rules correctly or show the correct model with the correct weapon...
If this is not a miss then I guess it's proof that we will have Inquisitors in the SoB codex as I can't think of any other Psyker the SoB would even tolerate.

Hour of the Witch
Witchfire: most psykers can't use more than one witchfire each turn

Codex: Blood Angels
A BA Lib (inc Mephiston) may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Blood Angels. If he does so, generate two new powers from the Biomancy, Divination, Telepathy or Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed.

Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Any model with psychic powers may use the psychic disciplines found in the 40K rulebook, instead of those in Codex: CSM. If he does so, for each psychic power he has purchased from Codex:CSM, generate a new power from the Pyromancy, Telekinesis or Telepathy discipline before armies are deployed. A model can generate powers from different disciplines if you wish. Typhus generates two new powers. Ahriman generates three.

Codex: Dark Angels
A DA Lib (inc Ezekiel) may use the psychic disciplines found in the 40k rulebook. Generate 2 new powers from Div, Pyro, Telepathy or Telekinesis.

Codex: Eldar
Farseer (inc Eldrad), for each power bought, generate a new power from Div or Telepathy. Eldrad generates 4.

Codex: GK
A GK Lib (no mentions of anyone else), generate a number of powers equal to mastery level from Div, Pyro or Telekinesis. If he does so he may not purchase additional powers. Hammerhand cannot be exchanged in this manner.
An Inquisitor with Mastery 1 can generate 1 power from Div, Pyro or Telekinesis.
Coteaz can generate 2 powers from Div, Pyro or Telekinesis.

Codex: IG
Primaris Psyker, generate 2 new powers from Bio, Pyro, Telepathy or Telekinesis.

Codex: SM
SM Lib (inc Tigurius), generate 2 powers from Bio, Pyro, Telepathy or Telekinesis. Tigurius generates 3.

Codex: SW
Rune Priest (inc Njal), generate 2 powers from Bio, Div or Telekinesis

Codex: Tyranids
Any model with psychic powers, for each psychic power it has, including those purchased, generate a new power from either Bio, Telekinses or Telepathy. (I'm glad they dont have Pyromancy as 3 Zoanthropes casting Molten Beam would be real nasty).

Article states: "Accordingly, players should feel free to use the guidance in this article to grant their psykers access to the new powers."
Sounds good and all but since they dont list all the powers and what they do the article is pretty useless. Or....do they mean you have to have this WD in order to be able to use the generic powers? Wont the list and rules be in the BRB?

Wound Allocation: Closest model is Shooting only?

Rest of the WD is ads pretty much.

Last page is a picture of some CSM and Daemons.
In next month's issue: BATTLE-BROTHERS AND INFERNAL ALLIES - We take a closer look at Allied Detachments.
WD 392 on sale Sat 28th of July.

If you have a question and it hasn't been answered by anything I've written so far then there is simply no answer in the WD. I've gone trough the WD page by page, article by article to fish out as much info as I could. If you dont have your answer you will have to wait for the BRB.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome