Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alston, Cumbria
We-ell this got heated fast.
On topic, I consider the following to be key parts of a good club:
- Have somewhere to buy drinks (alcohol optional, soft drinks mandatory), snacks and possibly food (even if it's just a take out next door - consider asking for a discount if you order in bulk for events, most places will do it)
- Have a large number of tables, ideally 12+, in a variety of colours (snow, sand, grass, urban etc)
- Have a decent quantity of terrain with a mix of area, ruins and LoS blocking pieces
- Have an organised method of storing the terrain so that it doesn't get damaged and is easy to find
- advertise anywhere you can, so there is always a trickle of new people joining
That's about it really.
90% of people think they are above average.
Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.