Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - =][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-11, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
MadCowCrazy
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

DD/MM/YYYY
19/06/2012
tDG has more rumours today, I thought the starter was to be released in September? If it really is CSM vs DA why would they release the starter set at the same time as the CSM launch leaving the DA codex outdated? DA WD codex at same time? Sounds really weird but it is GW we are talking about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral
I'm sure there will be enough sonic weaponry in the new Codex to keep the Emperor's Children players quite happy.

As for release time, new models hit in less than 5 weeks with the 6th Edition Starter set and our Codex hopefully within a week or two of that. I was originally told August, I'd prefer it earlier than later!

I wonder what everyone's view are on Chaos Raptors and Chaos Assault Marines now that there's a juicy rumor about jump infantry striking at I(10) on the turn they assault? With their new models approaching and I'm assuming Hit & Run (for Raptors) stayed, I can see these becoming a mainstay unit of many Chaos Legions!
11/06/2012
Not only is it my dogs 5th birthday today we get some rumours as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Lucious Eternal is a beast! Gets extra attacks from difference in WS just like lilith from DE.
The defiler is pretty damn good. It has a power called "daemon forge" which allows it to reroll all wound rolls and armor pen rolls in cc or while shooting.
Typhus unlocks plauge marines as troops and gives them feel no pain in his unit. This is pretty much known already on most rumor sites I believe.
Cover is definitely 5+. Again, not really news.
Some clarifications to the above rumours
Quote:
Plague Marines have FNP you don't need Typhus, it's the Cultist that get FNP and Fearless when upgraded to zombies with Typhus. Lucious the Eternals Attack profile is based on the WS of his opponent only in a Challenge. Daemon Forge is an optional to use ability that is only for shooting not CC. It allows to re roll failed armor pen or wound roll too, but you have to roll a D6 and on a 1 your defiler looses a Hull Point.
10/06/2012
theDarkGeneral and Stickmonkey have some more chaos rumours for us
Quote:
Along with Daemon Engines, and a broader spectrum of vehicles for Chaos! Next Summer I believe is when the new Greater Daemons will be done and ready for release! (along with new Codex/Book)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
Maybe a little surprise here too...
Plastic GreaterDaemons are done, rumored to have pieces to build named Greater Daemons as variants ( though not expected til 2013)
09/06/2012
More rumours about the small Daemons wave said to be coming this August. Why 5 Plague Bearers in a box though? Why not 10 when all the others are 10? Meh, it's GW and they probably think they can make more money this way... it's not like they've never done it like this before...
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmonkey
Plague bearers (5x box) Plastic. Priced as pink horrors
Furies (5x box) plastic. Priced as de scourges
Blue scribes (finecast)
Herald of nurgle (finecast)
Maybe a little surprise here too...
Plastic GDs are done, rumored to have pieces to build named GD as variants ( though not expected til 2013)
Here are some of the previous rumors, so that we can see them all in one place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehat
August is Daemons wave (plastic troops, last two boxes)
Apart from CSM, no more codexes/Armybooks this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds8n
I've heard talk about this wave possibly including something new... which presumably would have rules in WD ( or online ?) or somesuch.
Quote:
Hearing bits that aside from Plague Bearers, there may be new furies in the works. As well as seeing karanak and hounds of khorne moved to finecast soon.
08/06/2012
Faeit 212 has some interesting rumours for us today
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant on Codex Space Marines
*The book is called chaos space marines.
*There are no legions. theDarkGeneral is wrong
*I don't know if I mentioned it before but the "random terrain" is officially called "mysterious terrain"

*Also the anti psyker stuff in the book is a special rule called "suffer the witch". Every unit can negate a power on a 6 up but it can be buffed....yeah...can you say GK nerf?

*One is called ecstasy...which sounds weird but basically it allows the user to fire his weapon at his strength value. I can't remember what unit has it though!

*Some usr names in the codex are "strike down", "blind", and "un-weilding". Not sure what they do.

*There is a usr called "invisibility" that seems to have an affect on targeting a the unit and also effects assault.
07/06/2012
Very quiet on the rumours front at the moment, hopefully the floodgates will open up in a few weeks. Until then here is another quote from tDG
Quote:
You won't need special characters to unlock Legion Armies, however some of them will make certain unit(s) much better. The flexibility of taking a "regular" Chaos Lord, or Sorcerer, or Daemon Prince, OR Aspiring Champion(s) will still be there, which of course will be able to lead your Night Lords or World Eaters or Iron Warriors.
Whitehat over at Dakka posted a list debunking or confirming some of the popular rumours going about. He also added this comment.
2 boxes of plastic daemon troops? Plaguebearers and Nurglings?

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehat
June 30 is 6th Ed
August is Daemons wave (plastic troops, last two boxes)
DA Early next year
Apart from CSM, no more codexes/Armybooks this year
05/06/2012
With a month of just the same rumours being posted over and over we finally get something interesting
Quote:
According to my contacts, we're about 2 months away from a Chaos Invasion, so let the galaxy tremble!!!

I do want to apologize for not being able to go into more detail about my previous post of what the Imperials have and we don't but will eventually get. Some of the things i listed will be very similar but not exact. I keep having players all over asking me about what kind of Land Raider will the newer version be...i don't know the name but it supposedly can carry 15 or 16 infantry models.
12/05/2012
Guess it's time for the yearly price rise again...
Quote:
I want all Chaos players to know, that they should go ahead and buy whatever models from the current line they want, as none of it will become "obsolete", and the prices will be going up in June.
Warhammer World Mission Pack is out, what it does contain is an interesting Alliance Matrix. Some really interesting alliance options in that list;
Tau with Dark Eldar for instance (After what the DE did to the Tau I doubt they'd every want to ally with the DE again, DE would love to ally with the Tau though so I guess this is why they can.
CSM are pretty much what you'd expect while SoB dont like any SM chapter at all (which makes sense because of all the shit they've had to take from the Spheeze Mehreenez).

Mission Pack

09/05/2012
Psyker Disciplines in 6E, sounds really interesting but I really hope there is none of that random spells there is in WFB
Source
Quote:
-There will be at least 4+ "Disciplines" of Psychic Powers in the game. (WFB has 8 lores)
-Disciplines seem to fall roughly along the lines of the sects described in the novel "A Thousand Sons" as used by the Heresy-Era chapter.
-Each Discipline will have a "Default" power and a set of others that you will roll for each game.
-Number of rolls you get and the the exact details of which powers you end up with are said to be similar to WFB 8th's power selection mechanic.
-Powers have a "Casting Cost" that is different from the mechanic used in WFB 8th.
-Certain 6th Codices will add additional racial specific Disciplines.
More from drbored on ether or not there will be new special chars n the codex
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbored
Alright guys, here's a little tidbit from my source.
Apparently, this ex-forgeworld employee is certain that Chaos will get new Special Characters.

They will not be in the first wave of releases, but will be in the Codex. He's suggested that most of the rumors we're seeing (no new Special Characters rumor) are based on the first wave of model releases, not on actual Codex content.
Some more legion rumours, almost nothing new but a rumour is a rumour
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaster
i've been content till now to sit back and watch...but i think nows the time to chime in.concerning the soon coming chaos legions.....lets say "theoretically"(to protect my source)i have a close friend in game development.they have assured me that the new codex will be everything we debased chaos junkies have been hoping for and more!!!!!!

first,legions will be able to fight the way they are meant to, and with the way 6th editions % system will work,the armys will be even more legion specific playable.....

word bearers with all possessed as troops,or iron warrior armys with insane amounts of heavy weapons,all terminator black legion armys!!!!!also,dreadnaughts are not being replaced....they are being made even meaner and will have more weapon options-and NO RANDOM EFFECTS!!!!

there will be new characters...can you say little horus, honsou, argel tal, korpharon, the soul hunter...just to name a few.

existing characters will be made meaner and more playable(cost less).also,the new fluff is -as i was told-mind blowing,melt your brain down for a week!!!!

about 6th edition,i was told that it will blow your mind once you actually play it,the game is faster,bloodier and will turn you into a blood thirsty warlord who cant wait for his next fight!!!!!!

for those of you who are already complaining about the future with 6th edition i say this......wait and give it a chance,my source has told me that gw has been listning to us and that 90% of 6th edition was made with the input of veteran players

word has it all cult troops will be cheaper, and that the thousand sons magik abilities will make peoples heads spin!!!!basically chaos WILL BE THE BAD BOYS OF LEGEND.
08/05/2012
A 2012 release rumour list, so far it's been pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnok
Alright, this is depressing. Really depressing. I thought this was a rumor forum. Well, I scoured the heck out of this grand ol' internet of ours back in December 2011, and I'm going to list off what I have heard is planned for the year of 2012 (surprisingly accurate for the first four months, almost five).

January: Vampire Counts army book (I made this list right when the first VC rumors started hitting, which is actually what made me want to consolidate the rumors that I put stock in)
February: Vampire models
March: Tyranid and Space Wolves model waves (I had heard a lof of Space Wolves, Nids and Necrons, and just did put stock in another full Necron wave yet)
April: Empire army book
May: Dark Angels or Chaos Codex (obviously I was misled about this one)
June: Necron wave (off a month, but my May guess probably won't fall into June, because I don't see them releasing a 40K codex a month before 6th ed; so what's coming in June? Fantasy models)
July: 40K 6th ed
August: 40K model wave
September: Warriors of Chaos book
October: Empire models and Dark Angels or Chaos codex - whichever wasn't released in May (well, the latest rumors - as of 3 months ago since the well is so dry - has this as Chaos)
November: Hobbit!
December Warriors of Chaos model wave and 40K model wave

So far, I've only been off by a month for one of the releases. And I'm looking forward to my friends and all the other naysayers eating their words when they find out I've been right about the rest of the year.

06/05/2012
Stickmonkey has some flier rumours
Quote:
To feed some actual rumors in here.

Wave 1 in june is as bow has revealed. But i am expecting the de bomber before end of summer along with a tau and chaos sm flyer. The csm flyer is likely w the codex so the other two may have "something" with them.
Some more 6E and Chaos rumours from Grant
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Cheers gentlemen!
I know all of these rumors sound bloody ridiculous but they may not be bad for the game at all. I have been chatting with the source for my documents, we both feel that based off of the csm codex that assaults off of consolidation will be back as well as possibly off the bloody deep strike. This is not only backed up by the fact that they are "nerfing" assault range, but also because of 2 special rules.

Mates say hello to bloody "snap fire" and the return of overwatch.

Snap fire - allows a unit to shoot at an attacking unit at bs 1 prior to being assaulted.

Also mates, since I'm posting I may as well add a snippet or two more to the firestorm...
Rhino's have 3 hull points, Landraiders and the defiler have 4. Any damage chart result other than wrecked or explodes will take 1 hull point away.

HQ's can now challenge each other just like in fantasy. This must be accepted by opponent or is played normal. HQ that wins, wins the assault for his unit.

Chaos units that kill a unit get to roll on a chart for gifts from a chaos lord very similar to the power from pain rule that Phil gave to DE.

Thousand sons are still relentless and still have ap 3 bolters.

Cheers mates,
Grant
04/05/2012
BOLS has a few rumours about cultists today
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLS
Codex author is Phil Kelly
Chaos Cultists are available in blob squads into the thirties...
Certain Named Characters grant various USRs and other special rules to Cultists when selected.

Ahriman is said to give D3 units Infiltrate in the new Chaos Marine codex (in addition to being a Mastery Level 4 Psyker.
30/04/2012
People have been raging about about TastyTastes rumour about Chaos Dreads being gone but that's pretty much impossible if you take into consideration all the Forge World dreadnoughts and weapons. Such a thing would invalidate all of them and sounds utterly ridiculous, which is why it sounded plausible as it's GW we are talking about. A new rumour "corrects" TastyTaste saying that dreads are still in but simply renamed and getting a complete overhaul, not really sure why a renaming would be necessary as a dread is still a dread no matter how messed up it is. Then we have the Chaos flying Dragon thing, all armies have been getting fliers and Chaos will of course not be an exception. Will they get 2 fliers? Locust and the Dragon?
Source
Quote:
Chaos Marines
-The "flying dragon thingy" is coming. It is a flyer and one of two entirely new units added to the codex.
-The second new unit is said to be a Chaos answer to the Grey Knight Dreadknight.
-The Chaos Dreadnought is indeed still there (take a breath people), but gets a new name, and a rules overhaul.
-Hardcover book (just like Fantasy army books)

6th Edition
-Many of the general concepts from magic from Warhammer Fantasy are coming to Warhammer 40,000.
-There will be "lore equivalents"
-Psychic powers will be generated randomly by psykers (like fantasy)
-Entirely new rules for constructing army lists (~Look at Fantasy for hints)
-The FOC may be history
27/04/2012
TastyTaste as put up some rumours today, breaking his site as always.
Rules for traitor guard sounds really cool but does it mean actual unit entries or just some allied rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaste
It is about time we get some information on the new Chaos Space Marine codex. Before we get right into let us start out with some ground rules.
The Chaos Space Marine codex is the only 40k codex for this year. It is not going to be divided into two codexes or anything special. This is not the return 3.5 codex everyone has been wanting this is more a clean up than anything else.
With that said let us get started.

Troops choices will be Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
All Cult Marines are Elites
No new Special Characters
Special Characters will unlock Cult Marines as troops (Kharn for Berserkers and so on)
Typhus makes Cultists into Zombies
Chaos Dreadnaught is removed and replaced with a new unit (like how pariahs were replaced with Lychguard)
CSM now get a Flyer a Mechanical Chaos Dragon (model is done will be part of initial release)
Lesser and Greater Demons are gone
Spawn replaced by “Fell Beast”

I feel like I am missing something…
Oh yeah…
Almost Forgot...
Rules for Traitor Guard are in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramGaunt
As far as I've been told the unlock thing is correct, BUT!

Kharn, Ahriman etc unlock cult troops as general troop choices, as many as you whish. I heard that for each general HQ choice you grant a mark of a Chaos God, you can take one Cult Unit as core aswell. So, an army with Kharn could have as many Units of Berzerkers to go along with him as he whishes, because he's usually surounded by these guys. If you 'only' have a Chaos General with Khorne's favor he still may grant one unit of his favorites to the general to support his cause.

I was also told that you would have to name one of your HQs as your army's general, because that's the one who'll give you troop choices. So if you had Ahriman and Kharn, you'd have to pick between berzerkers and Thousand Sons as troop choices, you won't have both
26/04/2012
TastyTaste over at BoK posted a release schedule rumour today, a pretty horrifying one at that. Then again it could be true as Fantasy had to wait a long time for army book updates after their new edition of the game.
So now we have 2 sets of release rumours, one so jam packed with 40K it seems to be too much 40k in too short a time span and this rumour with almost no codex updates this year but allot of model releases instead.

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaste
40k players will only get one codex this year and that is Chaos Space Marines– along with 6th edition of course.

So the time-table has changed and looks like this:

June-July 6th Edition

Sept-Oct Chaos Space Marines

Sprinkle in some flyers, buildings, and that is all you will see from the 40k front for the year.
23/04/2012
An interesting release schedule rumour popped up today, including some 6E starter box content rumours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLove42

OK so I went to a comp last weekend (yesterday in fact ).
At this I had a chat with a guy who until recently used to be a GW manager. He talked with me a bit about upcoming stuff.

Now I know this seems like the least credible source in history (better than my brothers friends sister works at a printing company though) but other people from the club he'd come from say hes usually been right about his rumours;

May
Next wave Necrons. Also a suprise wave of fliers (the DE Voidraven, Necron Fliers, an Ork Fightabomba and a aircraft for regular marines. Maybe stuff for other races wasn't sure)at the end of the month, with rules in WD

DA
Next Book.- Preorder at end of may for beginning on June release

6th Ed
End of June.

6th Ed starter box
Will not be released in the traditional pre-UK games day slot, and will likely be earlier (when he didn't say)

Chaos vs DA. DA includes 5 Ravenwing, 5 Deathwing, some Tac Marines and a Deathwing Commander.

Chaos includes some chosen, a sorceror and a boatload of cultists (He did say he didn't see a Dread - which is against every other rumour thus far I think - But he did admit only seeing some of the sprues- Sorceror also opens up possibilites of those plastic Plaguebearers we've heard about before)

Chaos
Will be before the box set, supposedly preorders up at the end of July.

Tau
November.

He claimed GW are trying to release 3 codexes and the main rule book this year, in addition to another fantasy book and the hobbit stuff, so releases may seem more closely packed than we're used to

As I said, credibiltiy seems laughable, but I believed him. Maybe that makes me an idiot. We'll just to wait and see.....
18/04/2012
An interesting rumour popped up today, after Necrons in May we will get 6E, Chaos and DA pretty much hand in hand. Does this mean 6E and 2 dexes (dicies for u grammar nerds) in the same month?

Personally I could see something like this:
May 5th Necron 2nd Wave
Mid May Fantasy, anything missing from the Empire army book?
June 6E and a Codex (My money would be on CSM)
July Fantasy
August Dark Angels
September 6E Starter box

This does seem weird though, so perhaps:
May Necron
June Fantasy
July 6E and Codex
August Fantasy
September Codex and Starter set

Too much 40k too close to each other...

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus Miniatures
After a long night of gaming with our local gamesworkshop lads we can confirm all new leaked info for the next few months ahead!!! Next month we will see the second wave of releases for the necrons! This includes wraiths, doom scythes and much more!! We can also confirm in the months after this all new dark angels and all new chaos legions codex to go hand in hand with the release of the much anticipated 40k 6th addition!!!!!!! :O (Oh btw theres some fine case lord of the rings too but thats not all important) - Sam
theDarkGeneral has posted some tidbits yet again.
Quote:
Well, with prices going up yet again in June, if any of ya'll are fond of current models I'd buy them now. Much will change once the Chaos Codex Legions hits and the next year after will be full of releases.

With lots of "New" special characters ranging from bikers to (possibly) a dread and quite a few Terminator Armored ones, that'll set many players back. Daemon engines (like the Defiler) become much better and much more upgrade-able along with a few new models.

I can't comment on Chaos Cultists because I've never asked about them (nor do I care much about them). They don't fit in a Chaos Legions Codex to me personally, but perhaps a new Campaign or Lost and the Damned White Dwarf codex?

What will I be adding when the new Codex hits? Cult Terminators first!!!
17/04/2012
Some bad rumours for Chaos just popped up, I guess time will tell just what we get. Never heard about drbored on the rumours mill before so not sure how accurate he is or has been in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbored
I got a rare opportunity to ply a wealth of information for some knowledge and insight about what's coming up next/soon.

Here's the rundown...

Dark Angels (May/June)
6th Edition (July/August)
-Starter Box featuring Dark Angels vs. Eldar
Eldar (Oct/Nov Xenos slot)

And somewhere in that mix is going to be a splash release of fliers that *should* include the Harpy, Voidraven Bomber, Doom/Night Scythe, and possibly more. When I mentioned 'Autumn of Fliers' I got a derisive snort, so we may see it sooner, we may see it later.

This confirms two things:
1. It's not going to be Dark Angels and Chaos for the Starter Box. GW is NOT going to put two power armor armies in the same box. Power armor is their bread and butter, and to put two power armor armies in one starter box doesn't follow any trends, going back to the Rogue Trader days. It *may* be Dark Angels vs. Tau, but my source suggested Eldar strongly for several reasons.
-A. Eldar is a girl-getter. It's the one army that attracts more girls to the game than any other.
-B. Eldar is currently the worst selling army.
-C. Eldar has a massive loyal fanbase.
Eldar are the logical step, and now they're the rumored next step in this coming Xenos season.

2. Chaos is not going to be coming out this year, but may be slotted for early 2013. This is good and bad... bad because we don't get Chaos sooner. Good because it means Chaos will be a true 6th edition army, and not a 'made for' 6th edition army. This will put more time between the release of the rules and the finessing of the Codices, which means a better 6th edition Codex for Chaos. We could, of course, get a surprise, where they slam in a new Codex into the year, but that doesn't trend either. My source suggested, however, that we may see a lot of 'splash' releases packed in, with the aforementioned fliers being one.

As for my source, of course I can't reveal him. It'd be a plain disservice to his trust. What I can say is that he is a wealth of knowledge about all things GW, Forgeworld, and Black Library, and has many contacts therein (and I don't mean GW store managers. I mean Codex and BL authors, and GW and Forgeworld sculptors).

I would be very surprised if I was proved wrong by the passage of time and the developments therein, but such is the nature of the future. Take it or leave it, but I'm confident that you shouldn't have to take too much salt with this.
05/04/2012
Some more stuff from theDarkGeneral and Stickmonkey
Quote:
there may not be much focus on newer Chaos Space Marine chapters, keeping things squarely on the original 9 Traitor Legions and their splinter factions. This means it's likely there won't be much or any love for Huron.

Chaos may get a form of Preferred Enemy, but was unsure which units.

On Daemons, Daemon Princes could wind up being the only "Marked" Daemonic creatures. What this means is unclear. Could be he means there are no God-specicif Daemons, or that they are there, just that they don't use "Marks".

Whilst on the subject of Daemon Princes, they will move more in line with the ones in the Daemon Codex but "with a more Chaos Space Marine feel", gong on to say they may gain specific benefits for different Legions.

Terminators were a big topic, Chosen may not have access to Terminator Armour (contradicting his previous rumour), but that Cult Terminators would return in some form. He went on to say he believed there would only be two Terminator units, claiming one was some sort of "generic cult" unit that was given special rules according to the Legion being played. He made sure to reinforce that this was an early playtest, so things could have changed.

Quote:
a plastic Chaos drop pod could be in the works, but tempered that by saying we probably wouldn't see it any time soon. Whether the kit is released soon or not, there could be a chance of the rules appearing in the Codex though.
02/04/2012
Another small bit from theDarkGeneral
Quote:
The Daemon Prince will come in line more the way of the current Codex: Daemon version, however with a more Chaos Space Marine feel. It is possible the even Daemon Princes may gain benefits to being Legion specific. Perhaps an Iron Warriors Daemon Prince could grant more access to Heavy Support units or carry a heavy weapon himself! Maybe a World Eater Daemon Prince has Furious Charge...and Stealth for Night Lords?

With GW being much more secretive about releases, it's of course going to be harder for many of us to hear things, especially things we WANT to hear.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 08-18-12 at 07:42 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome