Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - =][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-11, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
MadCowCrazy
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

DD/MM/YYYY
23/07/2012
BoK has slowly started on their rumours dump. Seems CSM will have Hatred Adeptus Astartes which does make sense. Hmm, come to think of it Sisters of Battle would have Hatred Everyone since they fight Witchcraft, Heresy and Mutation and everyone falls into either

Quote:
Working on the CSM rumor dump right now guys! Here is a tease for you though the CSM will strike with a ”hatred” at the Adeptus Astartes
hastings says the codex will come in October, other say August or September. We should know by the end of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75hastings69
I was going to post this on the other thread but it got closed, so ive made a list of what models the CSM players can expext, note that i dont know if these will all come at once or in waves, some of these (or click fit varients of them) are in the starter box.

Note also that ill not be adding rules or updating this thread in anyway so that will be up to you guys.

I'm expecting the codex to hit late October or early November (depending on if the rumour that the wfb WoC army book isn't out till feb 2013 is true or not - I'm still expecting that book in October)

Upcoming models:-

Dread looks like an angry obliterater on roids!
Obliterators look good but not as good as the "mauler" CC version ;)
Dragon flyer is ok
Two deamonic Centauroid cannon things a bit iffy
Warp smith
Apostles
Cultists
Some odd walker thing
New csm marines (could be recut with added bits? Either way I didn't recognise them as current ones - but then again my 40k fu is weak!)
Chosen very nice too
GW has released a new trailer, it's clearly Daemons. The pictures you see flashing are from the current Daemon codex cover

Some info on Daemons
Source
Quote:
Release Date: Unknown.
However there are rumours that a release of models is coming very soon. (Harry)Next month ... in next months white Dwarf (Kijamon)

Author:
There are no rumours of a book at all. Just a wave of models. ( Harry)

Rules:
Army book update sheet/leaflet in next months White Dwarf with new rules and updates.

Models:
Plastic Plague Bearers. (Erazmus_M_Wattle, manickZe, Harry)
Finecast screamers ... not the old models. New sculpts. (Erazmus_M_Wattle)
Some BIG , gribbly monster type thing. (Not a mammoth. Not a Greater Daemon).(Harry) Nurgle specific? (Harry)
Flying? chariot. (Harry, Erazmus_M_Wattle)
Herald of Slaanesh on chariot been spotted in warehouses.(Silvertounge)
Soulgrinders in fantasy. Massive rectangle base. (Erazmuz_M_Wattle) This must be the big thing on a monster base I heard about. I wasn't expecting a soul grinder ... Nurgle speciific thing was (clearly)my incorrect assumption. (Harry)

This just in from Rixitotal who has read next months White Dwarf:

"So in next months white dwarf there is going to be a leaflet with updates for Codex daemons and daemons in fantasy.
Some changes to old units, flamers are now only S4 in fantasy and some units have had point changes. ect.
Also new units slannesh massive chariot (2D6 +1 impact hits) and other weird chariot thing in 1 kit. the other thing looks and acts kind of like a mobile meat lawnmower. This is in both games and acts like a chariot in 40K.
Soul grinders are coming to fantasy! has T7 6 wounds and a load of upgrades for its shooting. looks pretty mental.
The model (40K kit) in the white dwarf and leaflet was on the same base as the giant goblin spider.
New models for plague bearers (really really nice, some have fly heads)
Screamers (look similar but with lots of eyes),
Flamers (similar)
Nurgalings (looks like a pile of funny little germ monsters you might get in a dish washer advert).

More confirmation of this and some more details from my inbox:

Chariot kit has two builds. One has four daemonettes and a herald called an exalted with a big whip. The other build has the exalted on her own but the chariot is dragging spiked / bladed rollers behind it.

Soul grinders comes on the same base as the Arachnarok spider. Shooting attacks. One attack works like grape shot but can be upgraded. Another works like a stone thrower.

Blue Scribes gets a mini. More Dais than disc.

Further Down The road:

All 4 greater Deamons will get plastic kits (with head/weapon options plus wfb/40k specific bits on sprues) and that there will be "resin conversion packs" to make "named greater Deamons". (Hastings) No idea of timescales on this. I am not expecting them to arrive together Or with this wave. (Harry)
Jes Goodwin is rumoured to be doing the Bloodthirster. No timescale for this. (NatTreehouse)

BRING IT ON!
22/07/2012
We are getting close to the launch of something, if it's CSM or something else...
Quote:
Cool tidbits from Hastings, and we can start looking forward to lots of information soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75hastings69
The csm dread looks like a very angry roided up oblit, the new "mauler" cc oblits are good ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeit 212
Here is what I am expecting over the next few days.

First off Tastytaste is promising his readers something within 48 hours. Not only that over at Blood of Kittens he as declared Phil Kelly is the author. I thought we knew that, but apparently looking back over what I have posted, it was still up for grabs a little.

I expect pictures from the White Dwarf within the same 48 hour time frame. I even expect the information early tomorrow, but its hard to say for sure when things arrive. I am at the mercy of sources and when they get the information and are able to get the information to us here on Faeit 212 we will have it posted up.

Information from White Dwarf and from the codex is what I would expect to see over the next week. As things get clearer towards the end of the week, the information should start to get better, and I am hoping that there is a few bombshells to drop, as we get information on things like flyers, Daemon Princes, the new Chaos Dreadnought type (hellbeast), and more.

This next week is going to be full of rumors, pictures and other other information, so stay tuned and if your not excited about Chaos Space Marines, then at least get pumped up to see the first codex release of 6th edition.
On the other hand, there's some contradictory information about the White Dwarf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random poster
can confirm for you all that codex Chaos Space Marines will be released in October at the earliest.

The White Dwarf features Daemons. Lots of them but no Chaos Marines. The month after is the 40k starter box so that means no codex until October. I'm a bit bummed out by this but I suppose it gives me longer to save up.

However the boxed game sounds like it's going to be pretty sweet so perhaps I won't actually have any money left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddit poster
So in next months white dwarf there is going to be a leaflet with updates for Codex daemons and daemons in fantasy.

Some changes to old units, flamers are now only S4 in fantasy and some units have had point changes. ect.

Also new units slannesh massive chariot (2D6 +1 impact hits) and other weird chariot thing in 1 kit. the other thing looks and acts kind of like a mobile meat lawnmower. this is in both games and acts like a chariot in 40K.

also soul grinders are coming to fantasy! has T7 6 wounds and a load of upgrades for its shooting. looks pretty mental. the model (40K kit) in the white dwarf and leaflet was on the same base as the giant goblin spider.

also new models for plague bearers (really really nice, some have fly heads) screamers (look similar but with lots of eyes), flamers (similar) and nurgalings (looks like a pile of funny little germ monsters you might get in a dish washer advert).

Also new beastman shaman.

should be out next week .
Third edit: The Reddit person posting about the WD is the same one who posted about the 6th ed BRB, so it's safe to assume it's true. This means that all the CSM stuff has been removed and replaced with a leaflet with Daemon changes and the new unit. So it does look like October is C:CSM, not August or September
20/07/2012
Faeit 212 is one of the best places for rumours these days, here is another bit
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeit 212
a local gw store had put a event calendar online and removed it some hours later. It might be, because for August 4th it stated "Codex release party", which would concur with the newest rumors. Maybe this helps.
19/07/2012
Faeit 212 has received some interesting information. If the WD has been pushed back there might not be any leaks next week. Seems there will be LOADS of 40K coming out in the next 3 months, does that mean there will be another 6month dryspell where nothing is released due to The Hobbit?
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive for Faeit 212
A lot of stuff has been circulating recently and I really don't know where they're getting it from. I just wanted to sort of set some of it straight.

The next 4 major launches are 3 new flyers, Chaos Space Marines, the 6th edition starter set and Dark Angels.

The new flyers (1 of which being chaos) and the Chaos Space Marine book and initial waves are both done and in some cases even distributed to warehouses.

The current itinerary for release is New Flyers plus the Chaos book and half the models for August.

Then it's the other half of chaos plus the starter for September

Then it's Dark Angels and their ENTIRE new range in October.

It's a whole lot coming really fast and there's a little bit of resistance (from certain people) on the release of the flyers and chaos all at once.

That said, August's white dwarf has been pushed back for reasons I do not know. In the past, however, the only reason for White Dwarfs to be pushed back, however, have been last minute removal of content and articles, never additions.

This month had so much content potential that about 80% of it ended up on the editing room floor, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to fill a magazine back up if they were cutting chunks out of it.

As of Thursday morning though, August white dwarf hasn't been sent to the printers. The drop date on that is Friday.
18/07/2012
If CSM is really to be released in Sep what can we expect for August? Seems we might be getting some fliers, we should know for sure next week when the leaks starts popping up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral
I was recently told that the new Chaos Daemon flyer (along with Tyranid and Tau) get released in about two weeks along with new White Dwarf!
Aug or Sep release, we should know next week
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
regading yesterdays september release rumor
I dont have the codex but what I know is that the release date is pretty certain its wrong. Defilers being Daemons is wrong. But that doesnt mean they wont get some special save. And I dont recall Eye of the Gods but it seems like something Phill would put ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramgaunt
I'm staying with September for the Starter Set. August for CSM. We'll know in 1 week, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirith'uan
My sources have also confirmed that a printed version of the Chaos Codex made the rounds at Head Office last week and that they were indeed going to be shipped worlwide this week .

My source indicates August release - GW does not traditionally send books 5 weeks in advance, so as to prevent us getting the info to early
16/07/2012
CSM codex is now being sent to warehouses around the world, a release of September 1st and the Chaos Dragon thing is in (then again these are still rumours)
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Hey Natfka, great job. Also CSM codexes is just being distributed to warehouses worldwide now. I saw a new sculpt for Kharn. Or im pretty certain its him. Looks very cool. Also the Chaos Dragon thing is pretty nasty at other flyers. But im sure you'll see soon enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Release date – 1st September (7 weeks he said) and it is a hard back like the 8e WFB Army Books.
There is an Eye of the Gods esque table (Warriors of Chaos players will know what I am talking about) that you get to roll on whenever a character kills another character in a challenge, or a Walker or Monstrous Creature. There is a multitude of gifts (and curses) that your Characters can acquire which range from +1 Save, +1 Toughness, or becoming either a Spawn or a Daemon Prince!!!
Chaos Cultists are definetely in (but we all kinda know that already), as is the ‘Dragon’ – think Necron Night Scythe with the main chassis been replaced by a massive mechanical dragon head with segmented wings sweeping forward and around from it. On top of those there are also:

Dark Apostles – evil Chaplains basically
Warp Smiths – evil Techmarine that can curse vehicles and degrade terrain.
A new Daemon Engine – half way between a Dreadnought and a Defiler.
Speaking of Defilers as they are Daemons they have a 5+ Inv save.
‘Cult’ units are all Elites and are unlocked to Troops by appropriate HQ choices, but there are no Cult Terminators which makes me sad.
Obliterators are exclusively for shooting – so no powerfists. BUT there is a new unit which is basically a close combat Obliterator.
There are 2 types of Raptors now; regular CSM with Jump Packs, and then some kind of Possessed Daemonic Raptors that all come with Lightning Claws!
Possessed are meant to be amazing, and take a lot of benefits from the Eye of the Gods esque table.
There are NO Daemons in the Codex because that is what Allies are for.

That is all I can remember for now. Sorry I am VERY tired. But regardless I have to say I am excited to see the Codex in the flesh and get cracking on some themed lists with Allied Daemons or Guard (for a proper Lost and the Damned army).
03/07/2012
6E Starter Set contents have been leaked, the chaos part of it is exactly as has been rumoured for months. Dreadnought name seems to be Hellbeast, the picture from the rulebook I posted had the name The Hell Feaster. So perhaps different region name as the leak is from China?
Source
Picture 1
Picture 2
Quote:
via tokugawa
DA has :
Captain Balthasar(with power armor, not in TDA)
Librarian(with power armor)
Tactical Sqaud(10 men, with 1 plasma cannon)
Deathwing Squad(5 men, with storm bolters, no Stormshield)
Ravenwing Squad(3 bikes)

Chaos part:
Lord(in power armor)
Chaos Dread(with tl-melta and DCCW)
Chosen(6 men, with power maul, power fist and lightning claw)
Cultists(20 men, half with ccw and pistol, the other half have assault rifle)

Via TheDude and translated spaint2k
Dark Angels
Captain Balthasar: w/ Power Armour, Power Sword, Combi-Plasma, Frag & Krak grenades

Librarian Termiel (SP?): w/ Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Frag & Krak grenades

Deathwing Squad Balachar (SP?): Sergeant w/ Storm Bolter & Power Sword, 1 w/ Assault Cannon & Power Fist, 1 w/ Storm Bolter & Chainfist and 2 w/ Storm Bolter & Power Fist

Tactical Squad Raphael: Sergeant w/ Plasma Pistol & Chainsword and 9 Marines, 1 w/ Plasma Cannon, 1 w/ Plasma Gun, 7 w/ Bolters. All with Bolt Pistol and Frag & Krak grenades

Ravenwing Squad Allian (SP?): Sergeant w/ Chainsword, 1 w/ Plasma Gun and 1 w/ Bolt Pistol. All with twin-linked bolters and Frag & Krak grenades

Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Lord: Power Armour, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

Dreadnought (Seems to be named as "Hellbeast"): Multi Melta and Power Fist

Chosen: Sergeant w/ Power Maul, Bolt Pistol & Bolter. One with a lightning claw, one with Power Axe, Bolt Pistol & Bolter, one with Power Fist, Bolt Pistol & Bolter, two with Close Combat Weapons, Bolters & Bolt Pistols. All have Power Armour, Frag & Krak grenades

Cultist squad 1: Cultist leader w/ two Close Combat Weapons and 9 Cultists, one w/ Flamer, 8 w/ Close Combat Weapons & Autopistols

Cultist squad 2: Cultist leader w/ Close Combat Weapon & (possibly) Shotgun and 9 Cultist, 1 w/ (possibly) Heavy Stubber and 8 w/ Autoguns

The leaked Chinese summary sheets from the starter set show Cultists as having Guard stats, but with a 6+Sv
It also shows them with access to Autoguns or Autopistol and CCW as well as options for Flamers and Heavy Stubbers.
Their Squad leaders can also take Shotguns or two CCW for some reason.
More Chaos Daemons seems to be on the way, Allies for CSM are finally getting some plastic love
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazmus_M_Wattle
I've heard a whisper that more Daemons are on the way. We've all heard about new Plague Bearers in plastic. Plastic nurglings have been sighted. Apparently they looke like they're swarming over one another in a sort of wave. Sounds cool.

Not only that. There's more. Finecast screamers. Like the old ones but less manta ray with more tusks. Possibly some more heralds. Not sure if they are plastic or finecast.

Heralds on chariots. The Slaanesh chariot is in the warehouse and it comes with a chariot base as expected for the square basers but may also have the oval for 40k players.

The Scribes have been seen as well. The disc looks like a flying alter and the blue scribes look manic.

The plague bearers have a new look which as you'd expect harks back to the old days.
30/06/2012
Because the rumour mill is pretty dried up I figured I'd add this. The new FAQs are out and all of them have been named Codex Name 6th Ed V1, all except CSM which is just Chaos Space Marine 6th.
I guess this is because it's the next codex and there would be no need for a CSM V1. I'm 100% sure it will require some FAQs to fix it's problems when it comes out but that might get named differently or they didn't name this one V1 so they could use that name for when the new CSM FAQ does come out.
Yeah, nothing interesting going around atm....

29/06/2012
So I got my hands on the new 6E BRB today, when flipping trough it I came across this on page 397. There is a lineup of illustrated models, all of which look pretty much exactly like the plastic miniature in question... all except one...
So is this what the new Chaos Dreadnought will look like? I'd like to think so, as why else would the have a line up of model illustrations and add something new they wont use at the end?

28/06/2012
Darnok has some rumours regarding the release of CSM, it does fit in with the late July rumour we have now. Perhaps pre-orders in late July and August 4th release?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnok
August will see CSM and Daemons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnok
I'd would bet money on Codex: CSM in August. Daemons are heavily rumoured to get models as well, even though I'm not 100% sure about it.
20/06/2012
A scan of the Generic Psyhic Powers was posted by Wez today in the 6E Rumours thread. Interesting list indeed though odd that Chaos Daemons can't use any of the generic psyhic powers. CSM have access to Pyromancy, Telekinesis and Telepathy. I find it really odd they dont have Biomancy as some of the Thousand Sons were Biomancers and healers. Heck even Divination was something they could do, predicting the future to dodge attacks or warn allies of ambushes.
Maybe Thousand Sons and Tzeentch will have an exception rule allowing them to take any of the schools of magic.

Translation from the Spanish WD
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
- Any model with psychic powers may use the psychic disciplines found in the 40k Rulebook instead of the C:CSM. If you choose to do so, for every psychic power that you have paid for from C:CSM you make take 1 psychic power from the following disciplines: Piromancy? Telekinesis or Telepathy before deployment. Models may choose to get their powers from different disciplines. Typhus generates 2 powers, Ahriman generates 3 powers.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 08-18-12 at 07:43 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome