Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

DA Assault squad question

642 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Lord Rahl 
#1 ·
Hello all, I was reading the DA codex a few minutes ago and noticed that their assault squads have the deep strike special rule. I know that they have jump packs with allows them to deep strike as in the BrB, but they also have the option to remove the jump packs and take a drop pod/rhino.

So my question is: if I remove the jump packs do they lose the deep strike rule, I would guess its, No, because they have it under their special rules.

Thanx

#4 ·
Don't have the book handy, but it's not the jump packs that grant the special rule, it's the fact that it makes the Jump Infantry, which have the deep strike rule. You remove the jump pack, and they are no longer Jump Infantry so they can no longer deep strike.

#6 ·
If, however, you DO want to read into it too much, then if the squad has the Deep Strike rule listed as one of their special rules, with no condition that they have jump packs, then yes, you may deep strike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.