Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Fellow Larpers!
Thread: Fellow Larpers!
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 02-28-12, 07:59 PM
SilverTabby

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynn View Post
well, larping is fun, i use to go larping every year, but have since given it up due to fittness issues(i.e fucked knees, fucked back and fucked shoulder............lol) and due to larping geting more expensive every year.
i used to play in the lorian trust system, which was easy to use (untill they started rules up-dates and screwing up low leval characters), but overall, was always a good time, even with the few arseholes that turned up in order to try and realy hurt some one (i.e useing illegal weapons).
any way heres a couple of pics of me back from the old days of 2000 and 2001, as my character Fynn O'leary, clan chife of the Clan O'leary

As for kit, it can be as expensive or as cheap as you want it to be, depending on what you playing, my kit, not including weapons, cost about 20 quid to make, a good shirt and some cloth for the kilt, and i was done. weapons can be pricey, depending on which trader you buy em from. the batlieth in one of the pics cost me 75 quid to buy, and that was 10 years ago, and the sword cost about 40 quid
Wow, there's a blast from the past... I do the Lorien Trust, have done since 2000 and there are people in those photos I still RP with at events

The LT redid their rules about 3 years ago, the power levels are back under control now and it's much easier to get into. I'd recommend it as a UK starting point any day.

There is a huge LRP community in the UK, doing everything from high fantasy to colonial and scifi. There's even a 40k and a Firefly game. If anyone is interested in trying it out, I can point you in a direction to suit what you want.

It is unfortunate that the only stuff you generally see is from idiots who give the hobby a bad name. But then, tabletoppers and wargamers get that too, from the image of the sad fat 45yr old who paints and lives in his mums basement

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 02-28-12 at 08:03 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome