Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Tyranid tactics Vs necrons.
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-29-11, 08:44 PM
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orathis View Post
swarmlord battled destroyer lord and killed it ( was helped by gaunt squad.) then killed a whole squad of warriors before being shot down by his all his remaining units, 16 unit gaunt squad died about turn 4 or five in combat with 2 squads of necron warriors and a lord, backed up by the warrior squad. The doom of malan'ti took afew out but was killed. In the ends I surrendered with a remaining instinctive gaunts (4). It was a solid strategy, but was foiled by the lucky shooting, be because the swarmlord would have killed the other squad if it got into combat, which would have been next turn. Anyway it was an enjoyable and close game.
Did the Swarmlord really need help killing a Destroyer Lord? He makes his opponent WS 1 for the majority of the time, and with Str 6 and ID'ing weapons he usually minces anything he touches. Saying this, I would, more often than not, use Paroxysm to disable a Warrior Squad for a turn.

You probably should have swamped him more, leaving him less time to shoot - bury his Warriors under a tide of Gaunts, hence my suggestion of a Tervigon. 30 Gaunts? Annoying, potentially dangerous. 30 Gaunts with FC and Poison 4+ (And re-rolling Hits with Swarmlord)? Lethal.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 11-29-11 at 08:46 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome