Chapters I and IV were posted previously.
II, III, and V are brand new. Everything has been polished and revised.
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade
Well written, but I am sad that a glimpse of your version of an encounter between a Yautja and a SM isn't included
Thanks. I'm thinking that a few marines will be the final challenge for the predator character (who won't necessarily survive).
Before that, the predator is probably going to encounter an Ordo Xenos inquisitor and his retinue. I'm still considering different ideas.
My earliest outline:
1) Mechanicus explorator team goes missing on an unexplored planet.
2) A radical Ordo Xenos inquisitor and his retinue (mainly ex-Catachan) investigate and run into a large subterranean hive of xenomorphs.
3) The inquisitor seeks assistance from the Deathwatch. Only three marines are available for deployment.
4) Predators arrive and observe as the Deathwatch and the remnants of the inquisitorial group stubbornly battle the xenomorph hive.
5) Predators try to take advantage of the situation.
Why is the inquisition involved?
Before being destroyed, the Mechanicus team sends the message of its plight to Forgeworld Croesus (the nearest Mechanicus stronghold). The Mechanicus contacts the radical Ordo Xenos inquisitor and requests his assistance. The inquisitor decides to investigate. After arriving on the planet, he discovers the threat posed by the xenomorph species. More importantly, he realizes that the planet is in the path of a Tyranid splinter fleet. Unable to call down exterminatus in time, the inquisitor attempts to destroy as many xenomorphs as he can before Tyranids arrive to assimilate the planet's biomatter.
I'm already making substantial changes to the above outline. I might drop the Mechanicus element but a xenomorph vs. skitarii fight would be awesome. Since I'm now going with the wormhole plot device, I'm trying to figure out a way to insert the aliens into the story. Perhaps the predator stores cryogenically frozen aliens aboard his craft. Right now, I'm also thinking hard about where to set the action, what type of planet, etc.