Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

I think I am being thick

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  MidnightSun 
#1 ·
Hey there, I am thinking of starting an eldar army.

People keep banging on about how awesome the wave serpents are and that they can put out such awesome firepower. They also seem to swap out the TL shuriken cannon for the scatter laser and then swap the shuriken catapult for the shuriken cannon. So presumably they are using the scatter laser to make the shuriken cannon TL. But they had a TL shuriken cannon anyway!?

Even with the set up scatter laser and shuriken cannon, doesn't put out a huge amount of shots.

What am I missing? I am assuming there's something I am not seeing....

#3 ·
Yep, the serpent shields can do serious damage, ignoring cover at a truly abominable range.

#4 ·
What am I missing? I am assuming there's something I am not seeing....
1d6+1 str 7 ignore cover at more range than a lascannon...and you can easily field 4 of them at 1000 pts. Also they are troops, mostly, with objective secured, also AV 12, also skimmers, also good amount of dakka apart from the cheesecannon. If i could, i'd make a whole army out of those.

#5 ·
No wonder people are cursing them, that is ridiculously OP. The shield projection could have been once per game only, and it would still be formidable.
How did they justify coming up with that? Surely they must have realised that it is game changing. They must have had warehouses full of the miniatures that needed shifting.

#6 ·
No wonder people are cursing them, that is ridiculously OP.
Eh, only if you try and beat them at shooting. They die like 135pt Ork Trukks in melee.

I'm not sure what's up with me, but I've never had problems with Serpent Spam; neither my Orks or my Dark Angels ever really struggled with it, and I think my GK have the tools to deal with it. I need to play against better Eldar players, in all likelihood :victory:

#8 ·
I've just played against one this evening for the first time in a 3 way Ork, Eldar, Space Wolf battle. I was lucky, all it managed to do was kill 4 boyz and pin one 10 man mob of boyz before it got torn to bits by a deep striking SW dreadnought.
It's an impressive model, but with only one on the table it was a proper bullet magnet, and with only AV12 it wasn't going to get past turn 2. Even my trukk lasted longer. :victory:

#13 ·
If they don't have bubble wrap Kroot/Fire Warriors and Markerlights, yes, Broadsides suck.

Knights are top tier. They don't suck, especially if Adamantine Lance in being run. And if you're running Knights as list, you're running Adamantine Lance formation.

And if you're just running Flyrants, congrats on not being able to actually harm anything tougher than a Dreadnought.

So, yes, those armies deserve to get bent over and force fucked by a cactus.

#15 ·
Shush you filthy casual, this is a matter of life and death!

It's a well known fact that anybody who wants to play with their toy soldiers in a different way to how I want to play with my toy soldiers deserves to be punched until their is nothing left in their universe but punches and should then be killed in an excruciating fashion.

#21 ·
Cactus forcefucking might interest that friend of mine in guantanamo. In there, they have already used the serpent spam to mindcrush fluffy players from all over the world

#22 ·
'But why can't my football Team made up entirely of defenders win the Champions League?'

'But why won't my 18th century musket win olympic gold in shooting'

Two very common complaints heard in the respective sports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.