Don't Pull That Lever! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Don't Pull That Lever!

Picture the scene: You're an Empire Engineer, and you have to create new wonder-weapons for the betterment of all your nation's armies. So, as an Engineer, what sorts of stuff are you going to tinker with and build? In all simplicity, what sorts of things would you invent if you were an Engineer?

I think a Helstorm Rocket Battery mounted on a Steam Tank would dominate. I would call it the Comet, or its Engineer name, "Von Helkstein's Mobile Hull of Explosive Death". It would also incorporate a tri-barrelled grenade launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
This is a warhammer forum. Everything is a military operation.

I have spent the last 25 minutes doing reconnaissance on my kitchen for operation: Cup of tea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 08:00 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm just wondering where they'd retconned the whole "13 Steam Tanks remaining", which annoys me, considering that they'd had ones such as "Conquerer" which was basically a ram, another being a fighting platform manned by engineers with ton of experimental weapons, and another carrying a mortar, which had flavour and really nice rules. But throw in a plastic model, and broken rules and suddenly all the history is forgone for "yeah cool idea brah" in the developement team".

For idea's, the ability for a Griffon Bomb. It's like a Pigeon bomb but actually capable of being carried by a Griffon. The idea of once per game, on a 5+, a unit is wiped out, but on a 1-4, the Griffon itself gets nixed would be quite hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 08:54 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

dr macgyvers narcotic cannon

20 muskets welded to a frame, each one with a hollow bearing filled with some form of screwed up thing thats poisonous, and then it can be mounted on a steam tank or a griffin, or emplaced.

or

general it seemed like a good idea at the time's blunderbuss of dismemberment

pretty much three mortars with longer barrels, mounted like a drilling shotgun on top of a steam tank and the launch a lot of ball bearings.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 12:33 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

two ideas, Gatling guns which are hand cranked machein guns and Puckle gun which are 37mm 11 shot reolver cannons

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 04:22 PM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Engineer Narosohahn's Motorized Death Dealer:
A sword with two reciprocating serrated blades running in conjunction, to cut through solid armour and flesh.

Engineer Narosohahn's Gut Harpoon
A harpoon gun with two horizontal blades at the tip that are on a crank to expand and spin when embedded in opponent, to bisembowel them before retracting.

Engineer Narosohahn's Pressurised Acid Pistol
A simple spring powered pistol with fragile bullets that explode on impact with the enemy, letting highly corrosive acid spill out to make a mockery of their armour.

If your wondering about Narosohahn, it's my character on WAR.
My weapon names arent exactly subtle...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 09:46 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Engineer Newman's gaseous launcher of hilarious circumstance.

Basically a steam gun like object that launches laughing gas rather than steam. On a misfire the crew are knocked out and spend the rest of the time ROFL'ing about the stupid machine. If it hits it causes the enemy to suffer from the same effect.

Might not work but a gas spewing gun along similar lines to the steam gun could work. As long as they steer away from skaven wind globadiers and the poisoned wind mortar.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-11, 07:33 PM

The Rave Machine
A prototype which fires a giant disco ball in the air which levitates and produces music. It also produces a warpstone-tainted light that makes everyone it touches start uncontrollably performing perfectly choreographed dance routines. A method for making world peace (however slaaneshi cultists keep on stealing the darn thing).

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 07:21 PM

Black Steel Feathers's Flag is: England

Engineer Blackfeather's Nurgle Nixer- basically, a giant water cannon that fires a mixture of hot water, disinfectant, perfume and ultra-powerful soap. When it hits Nurgle cultists, it not only cleans them up but it makes them smell lovely; the more they trash about, the more foamy they get and the more they're washed. Pretty soon, they'll be clean as new pins!

Engineer Blackfeather's Artificial Sun- using heated lime to produce light, and a series of mirrors to concentrate it, this cart-mounted invention is excellent for dazzling the light-sensitive foe; watch Vampires, Ghouls and other noctural nasties shrink away in horror!

Engineer Blackfeather's Steel-Trap Flinger- does what it says on the tin. The nasty catapult throws ready-set steel traps to clamp onto the enemy or lay in wait in their path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22
"No daddy, not there... i will be a good boy! i promise! no... not the cupboard! DADDY PLEASE! NO NO NO! Horus is a good boy... horus is a good boy... horus is a good boy. Daddy loves horus... daddy loves horus... daddy loves horus..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend
haha, well I was just re-reading A Thousand Sons and came across teh line "the horns on Magnus's breast were thrusting"...
"With a hey-nonny-nonny and blood all over the place"
-Terry Pratchett

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-11, 12:11 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Ol' James' Pigeon Launcher of DOOOOM

It's a big mortar that fires a cluster of pigeons with explosives in their stomachs. The birds will, of course, naturally try to fly away but the explosives will weight them down, and the explosives will detonate when they hit something hard.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 02:21 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Ol' James' Fucklauncher9000

It's a giant hellblaster volleygun but instead of having three 3-barrelled cannons, it has 3, 3-hellblaster volleyguns that rotate and fire like a motherlover

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode