The Worst Kind of Elves - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Who are the worst Elves?
High Elves 31 26.96%
Dark Elves 20 17.39%
Wood Elves 22 19.13%
They're all pansies! Death to Elves! 42 36.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-04-09, 01:24 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I hate HE with a passion, it just seems a stupid idea for an army- universal ASF means that some armies are totally screwed as soon as they start the game (esp ogres) while those that rely on shooting are just laughing at the expensive casualities their shooting causes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-05-09, 12:19 PM

jackd334's Flag is: England

I hate HEs most, though i generaly hate all elves. Dark elves are ok ish, but theyre elves. High elves are just everything i despise, and i cant find anything appealing in a wood elf. It was so satisfying, my first game i took 3000 points of chaos, and battered the high elves senseless, cutting down all the ones that ran away. I wish Archaon and his chosen knights were still around.. :/

NOTICE!: Im taking no more new commisions for a while due to my GCSE's. PM me if you do want a model doing, and ill put you on a waiting list.
PM me if your interested in a resin version of my two biggest sculpts!
Check out my sculpting blog! http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=37754
Currently sculpting: Giant
Currently commisioned: Lion el' Jhonson
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

It's good to see others with a healthy distaste for Elves. Although most don't hate them to the degree I do, it's good that there are more Elf-haters.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)

post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-06-09, 08:46 AM

Zorenthewise's Flag is: USA

*mutters distractedly under his beard about "wood-loving pansies that don't know how to hold a hammer right" and then goes back to drinking Bugman's and throwing darts in a picture of an elf wearing white robes, a black helmet, and standing in a forest*

Gotta hate all those treacherous, beardless, pansies! Not content to betray their allies, they had to go and betray themselves a couple times!

"Did you just deploy your guardsmen in ranks?" - Quote from my last battle

post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Death to the Beard Shavers!!!!!!

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 06:27 AM

Dragearen's Flag is: USA

As a Lizzie, we hate everyone(and I mean EVERYONE) that tries to plunder us... Mostly Chaos though. But Dark Elves are the worst due to them allying with the forces of Chaos during the siege of... What was it, Ch-something or other.

Also, Dark Elves are known for plundering Lustria.

High Elves are the best, for helping defeat Chaos in the first war after the Great Cataclysm. Us Lizzies also still lend our magical power to keeping the magical vortex that keeps the forces of Chaos from exploding forth into the entire world, killing all who oppose them.

post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 09:24 PM

scolatae's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascendant Valor View Post
That happened before, remember? It didn't go too well for the Elves, but in the end they stomped the proverbial sh!t out of the Chaos hordes.

Really though, if it weren't for a heroic last stand to protect a coven of the best mages to ever grace the Warhammer World (quite possibly able to quell the winds of magic from even Lord Kroak), then Chaos would have won that stand, and a war of attrition would have certainly wiped every last sentient organism from the world at that point.

With that, it's obvious I'm a big fan of High Elves. They're the defenders of the great Vortex, the ones who allow all the other races to walk without wading through pure Chaos. They're a dire necessity to the world (not so much for Chaos, though).

Dark Elves are corrupted and disengaged from their elven civility, though they stand in stark balance to the High Elves. The Dark Elves also serve to mitigate the Chaos tides that wish to travel southward by land. With ease, mind you. Hence they actively limit the Chaos forces, while acting as a balancing party for others abroad. Dark Elf raids are quite fearsome, from what I gather.

Wood Elves, on the other hand, only fend off the Beastmen from invading their own forests. They rarely lend aid in any form to any other faction. They play a strategic defense for their own purposes. Should the rest of the world be enveloped by Chaos, and the woods of Athel Loren go unnoticed by the vast hordes, they won't care.

Hence, I argue that the Wood Elves have the least importance in the Warhammer World, so I vote they are the "worst kind of Elves." Don't think I'm saying I despise the Wood Elves. Rather, I respect the idea of Woodland Elves. They're a splinter faction of the High Elves, after all, and I like the idea that the Wood and High Elves could pose a stand with the humans of the Old World should the need arise (and the Wood Elves be pulled into the affairs of others...).
I agree but not with the wood elf bit they are as much defenders of the world as either of the others because atheloren is the largest forest in the old world and i meen if you think, your denying the enemy a huge swathe their land to move troops through, and what if they didn't know about the wood elves? then they would risk loosing an entire army to their mistake. So i'm saying don't underestimate their strategic value.

knowledge is power, hide it well
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 07:40 AM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Wheter they live in a forest, on an isle or at the border of the Chaos Wastes, they all shall fall to the sword of chaos and the axe of the orcs. One day, their fragile bodies will be trampeled in the red mud beneath the hoofs and feet of Warriors in twice their numbers. The World belongs to Chaos, which shall eventually claim it.
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-14-09, 08:07 PM

MrFortunato's Flag is: England

High Elves are the worst...no question, arrogant A-holes....
(I play both D.E and W.E btw)
1) they deny the witch-king his rightful throne....
2) they called us asrai to fight a war that they started...
3) they are dicks :D
4) I just want them all to die

and to anyone who is a dwarf/chaos/ork/anything else other than elves.... you can beat the H.E 'fairies' (as my Dwarf dad calls em :D) but there is NO way you can defeat the superior might of the witch-king

and the best thing about W.E.... before you've got round to thinking your in a forest....your in deep DEEP sh*t

Last edited by MrFortunato; 09-14-09 at 08:12 PM.
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-19-09, 12:39 AM

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

I voted that I have a distaste for all elves. I do however not hate elves for anything from warhammer ... comes from my D&D group (All some damn form of elf, except for my manly half-orc) and their characters show it ...

Since that I've hated all elves, though I suppose I don't hate the wood elves that much (their don't mess with me lifestyle is cool, even if it is for protecting a bunch of trees).

And yes, I hate DE most. The best I could describe them without seeming a thrashing pile of carniverous jello is with the phrase "They are asshats."

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode