Skaven Lore help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-13, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
OgreChubbs's Flag is: Canada

Default Skaven Lore help

Hey guys well I been into Skaven for YEARS now but still kinda confused about some things and not sure how... reliable the wiki is. So here is my questions.

1: There are 12 greater clans/ council of 13 who are they and for what clans?

2: Is there an exact age of these lords? In the book I believe it says none have changed since it's creation "except for clan pest"?

3: Lords of decay vs council of 13? Are they the same thing or is the lords of decay a clan pest and their lackies thing?

4: When ever I heard of the council they apperantly are more evil or something along those lines. Are they suppose to be bigger? or anything notable other then just a aura of uhoh?

5: I never heard mention of when clan eshin got onto the council did they ever get on it?

6: How much larger are rat ogre bonebreakers suppose to be compared to a normal ratogre? I am trying to sculpt one soon after I finish some others I been working on and am gathering data for it.

Thank you for any skaven info / love :D

p.s. what does lord verminkin look like?

also anyone else notice gamesworkshop messed up their lore with warlord spinetail "To hold the title of Warlord is to rule, and for a Skaven to rule they must have proven themselves a top fighter and devious adversary. Warlord Spinetail is no exception and while he has thus far aided Warlord Verminkin in his quest for the Island of Blood, the time nears when he will usurp his rival and take control of Clan Klaw." verminkin ie lord of clan moulder

Last edited by OgreChubbs; 06-28-13 at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 10:51 AM

Lexicanium's wiki is accurate -as far as I know- so it answers a lot of your questions about who is who, etc.

Regarding #2:
No, I don't think there's a specific age for them. Also, Skaven like to boast, lie all the time and get respected for all those kinds of things, so it makes sense for them to say that they are "thousands of years old" (or whatever it is).

Regarding #4:
If they are as old as they seem, then they are really evil and sneaky (otherwise they'd have been replaced by now). Skaven usually associate size with power (eg stormvermin), but a Councillor doesn't necessarily have to be physically any bigger than another Warlord/Seer (given that they have enough political power to just squash entire lesser Clans like bothersome insects).

Regarding #6:
It doesn't really matter as long as it still fits on the same base for gaming - it's an opportunity for your imagination to go wild and so you can model your own versions.

I don't think anyone knows what Lord Verminkin looks like.

Warlord Verminkin is the General character from the Island of Blood WFB boxed set; he's definitely not the same rodent as Lord Verminkin (the dirty rat who runs Clan Moulder).

Urgently trying to trace any living relatives of Private Sam/Samuel "Jock" Wilson (Black Watch, No. 6 Commando, UK Army Service ID 2764432, died 10.06.44). Any info/suggestions gratefully received.

"Mockles! Pent on silpen tree, blockards three a-feening. Mockles! What silps came to thee, in thy pantry, dreaming?"

Please check out the HOES (Heresy Online Stories) threads and vote for the tales.
More feedback = better stories for everyone.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 08:19 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreChubbs View Post
1: There are 12 greater clans/ council of 13 who are they and for what clans?
So far the Clans confirmed to be on the Council of 13 are the following:

Clan Moulder - Beastmakers
Clan Eshin - Assassins
Clan Pestilens - Plague Rats
Clan Mors - Warlord Clan
Clan Rictus - Warlord Clan
Clan Skurvy - Sailors and Shipmakers
Clan Skab - Warlord Clan
Clan Skryre - Engineers

Quote:
2: Is there an exact age of these lords? In the book I believe it says none have changed since it's creation "except for clan pest"?
The Lords of Decay have been around ever since the Lords of Decay were first formed, some were older and were Grey Lords before becoming Lords of Decay. So they are around 200+ years of age.

Quote:
3: Lords of decay vs council of 13? Are they the same thing or is the lords of decay a clan pest and their lackies thing?
They are the exact same thing. The Council of 13 is comprised of the Lords of Decay.

Quote:
4: When ever I heard of the council they apperantly are more evil or something along those lines. Are they suppose to be bigger? or anything notable other then just a aura of uhoh?
They are more powerful than the average Skaven yes but mostly they are smarter and more cunning than the rest, which Skaven consider to be real strength.

Quote:
5: I never heard mention of when clan eshin got onto the council did they ever get on it?
Clan Eshin have been on the Council ever since the War with Clan Pestilens, they were granted a Council seat for being the decisive factor that ended the war in the Council's favour. This was during the days of the Grey Lords though.

Hope that helps, i'm not sure about question six.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
OgreChubbs's Flag is: Canada

Thanks guys :D great help, I would love to see all the lords of decay some day. I wonder if there is enough people playing skaven on heresy for each of us to pick one and try and model him :D. hint hint any people want to join me lol.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 07:03 PM

I've been (slowly) trying to get the right bits I think I need for the Skaven leaders described in Phil Kelly's Hell Pit army list (from WD back in the day), but haven't tried a Lord of Decay yet.

Urgently trying to trace any living relatives of Private Sam/Samuel "Jock" Wilson (Black Watch, No. 6 Commando, UK Army Service ID 2764432, died 10.06.44). Any info/suggestions gratefully received.

"Mockles! Pent on silpen tree, blockards three a-feening. Mockles! What silps came to thee, in thy pantry, dreaming?"

Please check out the HOES (Heresy Online Stories) threads and vote for the tales.
More feedback = better stories for everyone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode