Invent a Unit for your Army! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-12, 09:19 PM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Vampires with bows. Your telling me that during the whoel of their history (which they share some of it with the tomb kings.) they have never turned a single person that could use a bow REALLY!?

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-13-12, 10:15 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Third the all gnoblar force, I'd stab my own eyes out with my paintbrushes before I got it all finished though. Gnoblars are horrible to paint.

For VC I'd like to see zombie pirates as a legitimate unit that have some sort of crappy rusty musket shooting attack. The reason for this is purely because I have a unit of 40 zombie pirates I made about 7 years ago and still haven't painted

Back to Ogre's - Gnoblar grenades. Ogre's that throw suicide gnoblars (12" range) that then bounce and scatter and then run D6 towards the closest enemy before detonating.

Basically Ogre's Throw anywhere within 12" roll D6+scatter dice (On the roll of a 6 it's shortfused and blows up in the Ogre's hand) that's where the gnoblar lands , if it's touching an enemy unit it grabs hold of the leg of an enemy soldier and starts humping away and then detonates with the small template, it it's not touching it runs D6 towards the closest enemy unit before exploding.

It makes fluffy sense considering Ogre's love to kill gnoblars and why not take some enemies down while practising a favourite pasttime. And Ogre's have the necessary equipment to make bombs, plus they live in a mountainous region and some of them were trained by the empire... if that's not a parody of real life I don't know what is...
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-12, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalarious View Post
Vampires with bows. Your telling me that during the whoel of their history (which they share some of it with the tomb kings.) they have never turned a single person that could use a bow REALLY!?
No bows for you!

And hey, since so many armies seem to have incarnations or avatars of their gods, how about a representation of an Old One for the lizards? It would be interesting to see a particularly potent skink priest overcome with a portion of the Old Ones' power and become something that would put even the mightiest of saurus to shame in battle while still being a spellcaster.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-12, 01:11 PM

Exploding gnoblar grenades sound fun! That would be cool.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-12, 01:46 PM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Ok since I got the VC no bow vent out of the way I would like to see a rare scout unit of VC that could sneak in and hit the enemy from behind.

Not really 100% sure of the special rules but standard two weapons or weapon and a range weapon(it could be 6" but something please!) O here we go when they kill a model they roll a dice per model and on a 4+ they come back as a zombies 1" away from the unit currently in combat with the scouts.Thoughts?

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-12, 07:14 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
No bows for you!

And hey, since so many armies seem to have incarnations or avatars of their gods, how about a representation of an Old One for the lizards? It would be interesting to see a particularly potent skink priest overcome with a portion of the Old Ones' power and become something that would put even the mightiest of saurus to shame in battle while still being a spellcaster.
The Old Ones have left and abandoned the lizards so you couldn't really do them... but there are some cool super-powerful monsters in the lizards book which would be utterly immense to see on the table top.

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-15-12, 12:42 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
No bows for you!

You mean like Tehenhauin?

As for me since I play Skaven I would just like the option for some kind of Skaven cavalry. Perhaps Stormvermin riding HUGE rats.

Failing that a "create your own monster" Clan Moulder style theme would be ace. Think of the modelling possibilities.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-15-12, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Tehenhauin doesn't count. At the end of the day he's still just a skink priest.

I was thinking more a literal avatar of Sotek or something. T/S I should have figured an Old One avatar would have been too much to hope for. GW have revealed sweet fuck all about the Old Ones in either system, so I guess there'd be no reason to start doing so now.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-15-12, 06:53 PM

CraftworldSurathin's Flag is: USA

VC with range! But also, some unit that makes enemies into vampires. Like some rare/special choice that turns casualties they inflict into vamps on 5+ or something. Not counts, of course, but something more durable than skeletons/zombies.

I have a sizable Eldar force, but now I'm building Space Wolves for 6th. Thinking of doing it as a Project Log, please message me w/tips, ideas, or just things you'd like to see!
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-15-12, 10:13 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode