Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Shadowsword Box Art

3K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  radical_psyker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
here is the image of the new Shadowsword

This kit contains part to make a Shadowsword, a Stormlord, a Banehammer, or 3 other variant tanks.

Enjoy

Matt

Please make sure to host images yourself in future chap, thanks - Syph

See less See more
#5 ·
wooo hooo vulcin mega bolter

#13 ·
I like the look of the tank with the Mega-Bolter, one of those is definitely being added to my collection.

#16 ·
I noticed that in the writing of the box in the White Dwarf it reads 'Bane Hammer' as a variant. Any ideas what that is? Or even the Doom Hammer, never heard of that one either. Rounds out the five its suppose to have as options to build

#17 ·
The Doomhammer's pretty similar to the stormsword, at least in terms of it's appearence. From the picture in WD 349's Standard Bearer, I'm guessing it's a siegesupport tank for urban warfare. As to the Banehammer I'm hoping it's the Mega Bolter armed tank.

#23 ·
The tank with the Vulcan Mega Bolter is the Stormlord, the Banehammer is armed with a Tremor Cannon.

I've just been over on the Warseer forum, and according to the posts there, the Doomhammer is basically a Stormsword, but with transport capacity.

The Banehammer is supposed to have a massive mortar, similar to the one named Thor used by the Germans during WW2, as well as transport capacity.

The Mega Bolter variant, which also has transport capacity is called the Banelord.

Note that all this is just rumour and hearsay so don't quote me.
Too late, quoted! :biggrin:

As stated above the tank with the Vulcan Mega Bolter is the Stormlord, Banelord is already the name of a type of Khorne Chaos Titan so it would not be applied to an IG superheavy tank.

#19 ·
I've just been over on the Warseer forum, and according to the posts there, the Doomhammer is basically a Stormsword, but with transport capacity.

The Banehammer is supposed to have a massive mortar, similar to the one named Thor used by the Germans during WW2, as well as transport capacity.

The Mega Bolter variant, which also has transport capacity is called the Banelord.

Note that all this is just rumour and hearsay so don't quote me.

#21 ·
Money is saved, yes, but the quality is not as high - A Lucius is better sculpted than the Apocalypse Baneblade - and the Shadowsword certainly is.

The Megabolter already has rules and is in the Apocalype Reload, and is a Transport (20, Terms and Ogres count double).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.