Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Truescale Marines On The Way?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Brother Dextus 
#1 ·
Has the reveal of 8th Ed dropped a hint at truescale SMs? These guys certainly look much bigger and beefier. Just take a close look at the bolters. Personally I thought they were on the way as soon as I put my first DW mini together. They are a good bit bigger than older versions.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
These pictures of new marines are making me nervous. I don't have many models painted but I have several kits of marines and I like to have sort of consistency in my army.

These "true scale" kits can make older kits incompatible. Look at those bigger bolters!

I know that DW models are already taller which is mainly because of leg positioning ( but models legs are bit oversized as well) and tactical marines have always had that awkward middle-crouch pose which made them smaller.

I am certainly worried. I hope that reveal of new starter set and models will happen very soon. Hopefully, next week.

#7 · (Edited)
I'm in agreement with this; I just don't have the funds to rehash my entire army.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not THAT worried about it. And you could always just tell them to fudge off.

#8 ·
I don't know if that's truescale. I've got the painting box the models are up against and looking at that for scale makes them the same size as they've been. It looks more like these ones have better poses and better bolters. If the DW models are a touch bigger than that probably what these guys are.
Personally, when I'm playing around building Space Marines, I love the fact I can mix and match bitz. Using those bitz to make characters. So, I hope they keep the marines at a close scale to what has come before.

#9 ·
Quick comparison image.
An older SM model with that goofy half squatting position vs new picture of new (?) marines
Not taken at a matching angle but then I don't have a very good camera for that.

Attachments

#10 ·
They still seem quite taller to me but that might be an angle view. Anyway, I have read in many places that these are completely new models representing new unit (MK9 armour, advanced weaponry,..). So it shouldn't be replacement for old marines.

Just wondering what will be the new taller tactical marines representing. Maybe because SM are the most iconic they want them to look even more badass when new rules come.

#13 ·
I'll reserve judgement until i see a bit more, but so far there's nothing too crazy going on. I think the main feature will be bigger legs, and im not sold on how much bigger the torso or arms are really. Its always been the legs that are the issue, so to solve that issue would be a good move.

I'm a bit annoyed that there's gonna be inconsistency in model size among an army, but I'm not certain how much I'm annoyed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.