Dawn of War 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

3Likes
  • 3 Post By scscofield

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-17, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Dawn of War 3

I don't think we've dedicated a thread to it since the original announcement one, and the game IS releasing in under 2 weeks I had expected it to get more attention in the White Dwarf, but I'm guessing it might be in the next one...

Anyway - Recent screenshots and videos show the game's shaders were (IMO) much improved from the initial footage.

The shaders were fixed, things still seem a little shinier than Dawn of War 1, but definitely looking grimmer than before. It's very easy to tell which unit is which.
The animation is DEFINITELY fixed (the moves on that Wraithknight!)
Voice actors... not quite as fixed, Alec Newman as Gabriel Angelos instead of Dobson reprising the role, but there's probably a reason for it and while changing voice actors is always a pain, I'm willing to see what he does with the character.

Who' s up for a game when it shows?

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-17, 01:54 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

My copy is pre-ordered and i'm looking forward to getting stuck in. I too am unsure about Gabriel's voice change but nothing to be done about it I guess.

And i'd be very happy to play anyone who wants a game.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-17, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Note, everyone can sign up for the Open Beta which happens this week. Runs the 21st - 24th, should at least give you a taste of the Multiplayer to see if it's to your taste

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-17, 09:13 PM

Spoticus's Flag is: USA

Thanks for the heads up on the open beta. I look forward to trying it, though there is not much that could stop me from picking it up day 1. Visually, it is a bit closer to StarCraft II than I would like, but the action still looks so great.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-17, 11:23 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

THEY TOOK THE GRIMDARK OUT OF MY 40K! And what's with Gabriel jumping 20 feet into the air...grrrr. I'm going to roll around in some fluff to take away the pain.

This is what I think of turning DoW into a MOBA. I have over 200 hours on DoW2, so one might say that I was never going to enjoy DoW turning into a MOBA with SM essentially becoming as killable as Gretchen.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 04-18-17 at 11:39 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-17, 09:35 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
THEY TOOK THE GRIMDARK OUT OF MY 40K! And what's with Gabriel jumping 20 feet into the air...grrrr. I'm going to roll around in some fluff to take away the pain.

This is what I think of turning DoW into a MOBA. I have over 200 hours on DoW2, so one might say that I was never going to enjoy DoW turning into a MOBA with SM essentially becoming as killable as Gretchen.

https://youtu.be/NNc242mbiUs
I fail to see what part of DoWIII strikes you as a MOBA. I mean I am still on the hedge about this game myself. but from the playtroughs and lets plays from reviewers I cannot see much of any MOBA components.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-17, 09:46 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

accidental double post. please ignore
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-17, 01:41 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

darkreever, the_barwn and Roganzar like this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-17, 02:40 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Played it a little on my buddy's rig, and it feels like a lifeless, generic RTS. I honestly see no reason why anyone would play this over Starcraft or one of Relic's other offerings.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 04-22-17 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Fuck it; I can't type!
post #10 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-17, 03:03 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I plan to get it and all of it's DLC in a couple years for 10 bucks like I just did with DoW2

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode