8th Edition Rumours - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

8th Edition Rumours

So this is floating round on the net this morning...

Quote:
1, Codexs are done and will be replaced on launch day withwar-scroll style releases much in the vain that AOS was.

2, Gone are templates, weapons will instead do random numbers of wounds much like flamer do now in overwatch

3, Vehicle armour values are gone, vehicles will instead get multiple wounds (expect even the most basic tank to have a lot of wounds doublefigures) heavier weapons will however do multiple wounds too.

4, Weapons will have a armour save modifier much like second edition rather than an ap value, so you have a save and this is reduced depending which weapon you’re shot with, rather than getting full save until your ap value is beaten.

5, Early summer release date, I think he said June but it may have been July my memory isn’t what it used to be J.

6, Rules will be simplified but not to the extent of AOS like AOS there will be three ways to play open narrative and matched.

7, Charging from vehicles is back not just assault vehicles,expect to see rhinos full of assault marines as far as the eye can see…

I honestly don't know how I feel about those. I own a lot of codex's and IA's :/
Vehicles having wounds means no vehicle damage.
I like templates (but not the scatter dice - it hates me :D) and I'll be sad if they go.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Fur is for the weak!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 07:55 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Been seeing these floating around out, certainly seems interesting enough, unless they gut the game as bad as they did with warhammer.

But some tidying could be done, so bit on the fence with the ideas they are bringing out

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 08:57 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Add this to the previously mentioned morale changes and we basically have Age of Emperor.
We'll see.
Is this rumor reliable? SALT! (but panick nonetheless)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 01:09 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

I will be sad to see templates go, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. It seems strange to bin off all of the recent publications what with plague marines around the corner, but this is GW so it's the waiting game.
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

I've checked this with a separate source and got told to expect the template bit.
I'm taking that with salt but I've no reason to disbelieve him.

Also found the beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiet212
via an anonymous source (take this as solid as you can get)
Codices are not going away.
Won't comment on any other lucky swings in that list.
neferhet likes this.

Quote:
Fur is for the weak!
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 03:45 PM

I wont say that i'd like to see templates gone. I certainly love the fact that small blast weapons could be more useful. but flamers...damn i love the flamer template!

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 04:04 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I wont say that i'd like to see templates gone. I certainly love the fact that small blast weapons could be more useful. but flamers...damn i love the flamer template!
Preach on
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 05:07 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Preach on
Sorry, but i am not linguistically able to understand that
really, what do you mean @DaisyDuke ?
i'm at a loss...

Quote:
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 05:22 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Imagine a fire and brimstone preacher going 'Praise the lord!' then apply it to flamer templates.
neferhet likes this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 06:01 PM

----all hail the flamer template lord!
May the fiery template of his fury fall upon our enemy!-----
Brother Dextus likes this.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode