Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Shadow War: Armageddon

7K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  Khorne's Fist 
#1 · (Edited)
The sound of this reminds me of Advanced Space Crusade, for any of you that remember back that far. I wonder is it planned as an entry level game for younger players, as we have seen previously seen when scouts are involved. I do hope they come out with some box exclusive scout and ork minis, otherwise I think it might be just another way to shift some under-selling sprues.

Breaking news from the Gama Trade Show, a brand new boxed game has just been announced – Shadow War: Armageddon.

Some of the Warhammer Community team are currently at the huge trade show in Las Vegas, and are showcasing some of the exciting new releases on the way over the next few months. The first of these is Shadow War: Armageddon.

Right now we don’t have a huge amount of detail on this set (though we will, very soon), but what we do know is that it is a squad-level game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The specific setting is the hive cities of War Zone: Armageddon, and the two forces pitted against each other are Space Marines Scouts from the Blood Angels Chapter and ferocious Ork Boyz.

We think the idea of close-range combat amongst the sprawling ruins of Imperial industry sounds pretty ace.

We’ll have more news for you on this game, as well as other new releases, over the next several hours, so stay posted!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/14/new-game-announced-at-gama-trade-show/

#7 ·
extra sweet scenery though

#14 ·
Also, really? I get not linking to other forums but if I'm gunna get chirped for linking a photo album fuck it.
Whoa, cool your jets, buddy. Nobody "chirped" you, whatever that means. We're trying to keep as much traffic on the site as possible, and if that means taking an extra minute or two to embed or attach pics, I'm not seeing the problem.

#16 ·
It's not really behind a veil. They did say in their announcement it was using the Necromunda engine, to use computer game speak. It's more of a repackaging for current markets, without having to provide the support a setting like Necromunda, with all its individual gangs, would require. Release the box, along with rules for already existing minis, and that's the job done.

#18 ·
yes, basically a reprinted necromunda with rewritten gangers names...cool!

#23 ·
They've done some quick reruns of boxes like this before, and there'll still be a few copies in stores.

If those aren't enough to get you one if you want it, terrain bits should be back as kits soon enough, the included squad models are already out there and going nowhere. The one thing they really SHOULD make a good amount of additional physical copies of are the rules. eBooks are good, but paper makes for far better reference IMO.

#26 · (Edited)
The latest on the release of this game is that on the website, it's gone from Sold Out, to Temporarily Out of Stock, to not actually saying what it's status is. GW have not confirmed whether the box will get a rerun, if anything quite the opposite, saying the terrain in the box will be available separately, and the rules will be available soon. Good to see they are going to expand on the army lists that were released last week.

The new boxed game of skirmish warfare, set in the industrial sprawl of an Imperial hive world, went on sale last weekend. We had known this would be a popular game, combining elements of the classic Necromunda rules set with some fantastic new Warhammer 40,000 modular terrain, but we hadn’t expected the demand to be as high as it was – the box sold out online within minutes.

There will be copies in stores this weekend, but again, we are expecting demand to be high, and this might still leave some of you who were keen to play, with no way of getting your hands on the rules.

Don’t worry though – we we have some good news for you.

We will be making the rules for this game are more widely available, very soon.

Not only that, but following requests we’ve received throughout this week, our rules team are also looking to expand the number of playable factions in the game.

We’ll bring you news on exactly how and when you’ll be able to get ahold of the rules outside of the box, and the new factions, just as soon as we can.

For those of you who were keen to get your hands on the terrain content from the box, the new modular Sector Mechanicus scenery pieces will be available separately, and you can pre-order those kits this weekend. These work really well as Warhammer 40,000 scenery pieces for any war zone, and they can combine together to create some really spectacular battlefields.

So, whether it’s the rules for the game or the scenery you’re after, you will be able to get your hands on it.

More news soon.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/05/shadow-war-armageddon-rules-support/

#28 ·
So this happened. Managed to get one of the 6 boxes at my local GW. I gotta say, this box is choc-full of goodness. The terrain is fantastic, and it's the first time I've wanted to rush out and buy any GW terrain.

I had to put together a team straight away, and despite already having SW scouts, decided to keep with them, but not use the shitty scout heads that come in the SW pack box.

#29 ·
Great news for those of you after a copy of the rules for Shadow War: Armageddon.

Following the unprecedented demand for this game, our book team have thrown themselves into creating a new rulebook you’ll be able to order separately. Not content just to make the book a copy of the one that appears in the boxed game, though, they have also added in all the extra content too: all the factions that have had their rules published as PDFs will be included. And, following numerous requests we’ve received from the community (that’s you), we’ll be adding in two new factions – the Battle Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas and warbands from the Inquisition.

How cool is that?

The book will be available to pre-order on Saturday the 22nd of April.

The pre-order will last a few weeks, rather than the usual 7 days, to give us time to print and ship the new books. We’re also making a digital edition of this new book, giving you yet another choice on how to get your copy, which will also be available to pre-order that same weekend.

The scenery from the set, the impressive new Sector Mechanicus terrain, is already available to order separately of course.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/09/shadow-war-armageddon-the-rules-available-soon/

#30 ·
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/a-brief-history-of-armageddon/

With the millennium drawing to a close, the battle rages on: Ork and human blood stains the planet’s surface, from hive cities to ash-wastes and jungle war zones, as new eyes turn towards the war-ravaged world

Seems the Fourth War for Armageddon is comming. The obvious conclusion would be to think the Death Guard due to their impending release. And then we might see Ghazkull reach his apoteosis at last. Imagine, Beast Ghazkull duking it out with the reaper himself.

#31 ·
Seems the Fourth War for Armageddon is comming. The obvious conclusion would be to think the Death Guard due to their impending release. And then we might see Ghazkull reach his apoteosis at last. Imagine, Beast Ghazkull duking it out with the reaper himself.
More like the third was just gets bigger.

Now that a primarch has returned, maybe it'll spur Ghazkull to redouble his efforts in the search for the ultimate scrap. It'll be interesting to see what the next campaign series brings. Will it shift focus from chaos to the xenos threat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.