Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Leman Russ Model Sighted

7K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Deloth 
#1 ·
Enjoy! To me it's just one more down on the way to Sanguinius but I'm sure there's some Wolf players who might care.

See less See more
#9 ·
Why does Forge World insist on clean shaven Primarch? Dorn needs a mustache and Russ needs a beard. Otherwise they look too young.
I agree that Russ needs a good beard.

It looks good as you go into battle and keeps your face warm on those cold Fenrisian nights.

#5 ·
The picture of him I saw on facebook wasn't as clear as this one, so the head looked off and didn't scream Leman Russ to me. This picture being much clearer, I gotta say he looks pretty good to me.

#7 ·
That's looking really nice.

2 quibbles:
1) The angle on his head seems a little weird.
2) why is he holding Abaddon's sword drach'nyen?

#17 · (Edited)
You know, looking at the model, what he needs isn't a beard - he's never had one. What he needs is his giant mane of glorious golden locks and his fabulous top knot! Wtf, FW?

EDIT: All of the Internet cookies to the first person to GS the model with a proper head of hair. This shit is pathetic. If there were going to go fucking buckwild with any Primarchs hair, it needed to be Russ.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#19 ·
We do have a primarch that has facial hair: Jaghatai Khan. Everyone just forgets about him (something even his first feature HH book pokes fun at in a tongue in cheek sort of way).

I'm going to have to agree with gen.ahab in that Russ should not have a beard (mostly since he never has had one in lore). Although, his hair could be a lot thicker/mane-like with braids, his top knot, and some thick side burns running down his jawline/braids at the temples.

If any primarchs were to have facial hair (besides the poor forgotten Khan) I would have to go with Ferrus Manus with a short, rough beard. What little we know about him seems to lead to a very 'rough' personality. I could see Fulgrim sporting an insanely intricately styled, close cropped beard for fun at times much like the guy from the Hunger Games movies. I can also picture Angron with a rough, blood and spittle-spattered goatee. Corax, I could see sporting a tight soul patch.

I can't picture Dorn with facial hair for some reason.

You have to remember also that the primarchs are (for 'immortal' beings) still very much children in a sense. So having them appear somewhat young isn't too far off the mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.