Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Angels of Death Space Marine Supplement

17K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  Entarion 
#1 · (Edited)
It's a compilation of all sorts of things. Lots of old Dataslates are being put in here, INCLUDING Skyhammer. It's also going to have all of the stuff from the old Clan Raukaan supplement (they mention the Gorgon's Chain), so presumably also the Sentinels of Terra.

Looks like also 4 new power sets, usable by ANY Astartes.

40k rules for some of the models from Calth as well... Cataphract Terminators, and possibly the two HQ units? I doubt they'd step on FW's toes for the Contemptor.

See less See more
#3 ·
Cataphract Terminators, and possibly the two HQ units?
Terminators
Terminator Captain
Contemptor

Three units that don't have rules from GW for 40k.

Nice to see DA, GK, SW, and BA will get access to the new Disciplines. Might have to get a set of the cards if there's anything interesting there for me. I rarely play Psykers but one day BA will get a Librarius Conclave of some kind.

#4 ·
Not sure if they'd release a contemptor, since FW still mass produces those rules. If anything, I was thinking maybe the Termi-Captain and possibly a new Chaplain (which I believe someone said was the other HQ it comes with).

I saw a few of the power cards in more leaks, I'll have to try and dig it up again. One of the 'earthmancy' powers was actually a healing spell, plus IWND. The lightning one gave you an invul... and one of the 'Librarius' powers let you and your unit reroll saves.

#9 ·
They already can really. It's how you can tell who the 'real' BA players are :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hectic FAQ released after this book comes out.

We've always had a Captain in Terminator armor, so what's different between that and a 'Terminator Captain'?
Sigh. OK, here's a list of the five units we get in the BaC box:

Tactical marines
Chaplain
Contemptor
Cataphractii Terminators
Cataphractii Praetor

Still think we're getting new rules for stuff we already have? I know I didn't stipulate the type of TDA but c'mon dude. I know you like playing Devil's Advocate but this is just silly.

#21 · (Edited)
I guess I internets good?

...other forums.

Technomancy?
My iron wolves rune priests are trembling with anticipation.
Same with my Librarian Dreadnoughts!

Interesting that there's a separate entry for the deathwatch on that reference card when the named librarian in the boxed game is restricted to biomancy powers only...
They're a Faction of Space Marines so they had to be there. We've already seen the Deathwatch game expanded to included Tempestus Scions, it would be no surprise to see Deathwatch as a Faction expanded for 40k.

Preorders are up, from the GW site:

The Librarius Discipline, allowing the channeling of fury into devastating psychic assaults;
The Technomancy Discipline, allowing the manipulation of weapons, machines and machine spirits;
The Fulmination Discipline, allowing control over electricity and magnetic forces;
The Geokinesis Discipline, allowing control and manipulation of the battlefield and battlefield terrain.

#22 ·
Other leaks that I've seen include the Raptor Wing (previous in Kauyon for Ravenguard) and an extremely blurry formation that included one Stormraven, one squad of terminators, and one Dreadnought, Venerable dreadnought, ironclad dreadnought, or Contemptor dreadnought.

Lot of updating from existing printings to include Calth profits.

#27 ·
From the GW site, on Technomancy:

...particularly the fiendish Technomancy Discipline, which is all about domination of machinery, both yours and your opponent’s. This Discipline’s Primaris Power is able to force enemy units to fire only Snap Shots, or even take them over entirely: pick the biggest tank your enemy has and turn it against them! Another standout, Warpmetal Armour, adds Armour Values to units on a successful roll.

#30 ·
It's a suggestion that in the future there may be more Deathwatch, and that the existing army datasheets can become special characters in that book.

because right now, the Raven librarian only has access to Biomancy.

Or it might mean that that Raven librarian can use Biomancy PLUS those four powers.

But no, best I can tell, nothing else about DW exists in here. Just like nothing else for GK or BA exists in here, but they're listed on the power cards.

#36 ·
I got into a huge argument on FB about this one yesterday. He ended up blocking me when I proved to him that there are NO new formations in the book, using this very screenshot.

Interesting to note that the Warhammer World exclusive HQ tanks made it into that book as one of the Command choices.

And @Tyriks - check out the image Ntaw posted for Armored Might. Left page, second column, first paragraph. It states that it's available for a Battle Forged Space Marine army.

Unfortunately, Blood Angels are not Space Marines, per the codices. They're Blood Angels.

The same thing is going to apply to Talon Strike Force (Ravenguard), Flameblade Strike Force (Sallies), Sons of Medusa Strike Force (Iron Hands), Sternhammer (Fists), Scarsblade (White Scars).

#34 ·
Can something like that Anvil Strike Force be used by BA, DA or SW? I can't find anything in the text that says one way or the other. Since there are unit options on that list that they can't use, but it says that it is usable by "Adeptus Astartes," I feel like you could argue either way.

#35 ·
I'm gunna go with no. All the vernacular in the book refers to Codex Space Marines and there's units in the Formation that aren't in the Codices you mentioned. The book shows up in the other faction's sections on the GW website but that is very likely only because the psychic disciplines and versatility of some of the Fornations.

#37 ·
Just me that's insanely curious about the Salamanders stuff in the contents page?

I guess they had to throw all of the updates into one book just to realise who they'd missed.

I've not played 30k, (and as far as I'm aware, no one locally does), but I'm very excited to have an excuse to pick up some Contemptors. Always had a thing for the models.

#38 ·
The Contemptor page was leaked; you can squadron them, but no bonus for 3. You also get access to one melta, which gets replaced with a Kheres for 15, I believe. So... eh. but it does get to replace ANY spot in a formation/detachment where it requires a dreadnought. That includes a Demi-Company.

Salamanders will get warlord traits, relics, and their own version of the Gladius.

#45 ·
Huge Crimson Fists fan here, but it looks like our content is relatively minimal? At least compared to White Scars and Iron Hands (I guess we are a second founding's chapter though). I am most excited for the psychic powers as I loves me some librarians, Earthomancy or whatever seems pretty neat... Playing with the terrain and all, can't wait to see more powers!

#49 · (Edited)
But what about all of the gloooorious psychic pow....oh.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe alot of the formations are available for all chapters, in spite of originally appearing in chapter specific supplements. I have noticed a distinct lack of librarians in nearly every formation (seriously, are they anywhere but the conclave?) so I always just assumed it was so BTs didn't feel left out.

Hell, I don't even think the RG Talon Strike Force / Decurion / Super-detachment even has the Librarius Conclave listed. It's just one big wonderful mess of scouts and flyers.

The new supplement does mention "Crimson Fists and Black Templars Warlord traits" as listed on page 85, but no idea if these are from the fists original supplement.

EDIT: I guess the subject of -need- comes down to where you play. Whilst I predominantly game with my club in my friends garage, my local gdubs (all gdubs?) does insist on players having all relevant rules / materials to hand when playing a game. Pulling it up on battlescribe doesn't quite cut it / causes frowny faces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.