The End of Battlestar Galactica [Spoilers] - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

40,000 people abandoned technology and left themselves vulnerable to a bunch of primitives, illness, starvation... the list goes on. They thought fuck it lets make stone tools and chop down trees etc...

If Hera is the human we're all decended from why talk about "mating" with the primitives?

Why did they split the fleet up all over the planet? I don't recall them doing that on New Caprica.

It was a corny and stupid way to tie the loose ends together. The writers lost the plot halfway through season 4 and decided to cut it off in the most unbelievable fashion to concentrate on "Caprica" - which lets face it, sounds crap.

BSG was ruined for me with that lame excuse of an ending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 01:14 PM

Bloody_Kain's Flag is: Germany

Hmm i havn't seen the end yet because they are at the 3rd staff in Germany.
But by all i have read since today and see the lame episodes that goes on, i begin to hate it. The Writer should give uo his license and give it to one that has the right background in his head to make a realy great BSG out of it!
Tha last time i have seen this shit of Psychodelic Moviesamplemixing was in the Anime Serie : Neon Genesis Evangelion last Episode. Here some infos, there some infos, betwen them some nonsense...
The new BSG is a Sci Fi Soap and nothing more! It has some cool elements in it, but since new Caprica is is lame!

+++There is no peace in the future Galaxy, only endless War and the Laughter of the Gods of Chaos+++

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 01:47 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

The thing is with the abandoning the technology folks are forgetting is they where running really low. Medical supplies almost gone, manufactoring ability almost gone, fuel almost gone, all of this was mentioned through series four. On top of that folks with the know-how to correct these problems where low as well, and didn't have the tools for the job anyway.
I mean I know anti-biotics and asprin are really important, but could I make my own; frak no and thats the problem people are not thinking about.

Would some probably of brought the ships down maybe, but also if they are about to loose their fuel and ability to run, why would you want a massive piece of enviromental disaster waiting to happen as it rots and decays.

Yeah there are holes, but its not like they just got naked, they reference they are building farms and cabins, not living in caves etc.
They had limited supplies, probably whats left of the medical stuff split out between them and they where also using tents as noted when Apollo and Starbuck saw Bill carrying Laura to the Raptor. So they didn't jump back to an imediate stone age, but they where restarting afresh with the knowledge they'd need to get homes and stuff up before their final supplies ran out.

I watched it a second time last night as well, and liked it even more.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 01:49 PM
mozzie71's Flag is: Australia

im mixed... i like that they didnt leave us hanging... but i also feel like it was a little messy.

With Jericho.. they had 4 episodes to finish the story, and did a great job..

BSG had 20.. and they kinda got lost.

Starbuck.. i love her.. but what is she..they never really explain. If the blonde cylon was a guardian angel, why did she nuke all the humans to begin with? Hera.. pffft.. waste of time..
"Lets save the girl, she's the key"...TO WHAT?? She added nothing. Just an excuse to wrap it all up.

I did like the "All along the watchtower" theme... being the co-ordinates.. that was cool. The battle scenes in the first couple of seasons were great... the final battle.. too messy... not enough focus on the fighters.

And Baltar being saved.. I really wanted to see him burn for his actions.. but im evil. lol

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 01:36 PM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

Ye im one of those in the Mixed feelings crowd, there were bits i liked, and bits i didnt.

I liked the "All this has happened before, and will happen again" thing, although i tend to take it as a Fate message rather than a Political one (robots/technology etc), and i liked how that linked back in with when that was said back in S1.

How all the main charaters were left however left me with a bit nasty taste. All those people who had lived/fought/died with each other for years, you would have thought they would at least want to stick together for a bit. I mean i never thought for a second that they would all survive and live happily ever after, especially Laura who we knew was a gonner from pretty early on, but i thought there would be a bit of community spirit after all they had gone through.

I think ill have to watch it again tbh

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode