Thoughts On Russell Brand? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-09, 03:55 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Why would I be envious of a herion and sex addict whose had to resign over a PR disaster, who looks like he just feel out a hedge and has been arrested over 10 times?

Which of those qualities is something to aspire too?
What the hell is this sex addict thing about? Does your knob fall off if you OD?

I think Russel Brand is a self obsessed pathetic little twat, I don't find him even remotely funny and would be a very happy man if he fell in front of a train. But others do find him funny so I suppose all the time there's a market for him he's going to stick around.
As for the whole phone message nonsense, I really think he should pull his head out of the gutter for a while, it was school boy humour (crap school boy humour)
We all laugh at things we shouldn't, tell jokes that many would find offensive but to phone someone up and say "I fucked your grand daughter" is just stupid.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-09, 06:14 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

whenever I have seen him in a film (like when I went to see Bedtime Stories with my little sis) he's been quite good. He's good at acting quite thick second main characters, similar to how he is in real life. However, he's an absolute twat when he's in anything else. Prank calling an elderly man saying he did his granddaughter? What the hell was going through his mind when he decided that would be funny and appropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.

Last edited by chrisman 007; 01-13-09 at 06:16 PM.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-09, 10:03 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

In fairness I don't find him funny at all but having said that he had the most successful radio british podcast ever with over 3 million listeners so other people do. I do think what he did was wrong, but Manuel has admitted that he only heard about it through the papers, they prerecorded his voice mail. It only got 2 complaints out of 3 million listeners until it was put in the paper, and its a prerecorded show so ultimately it is the editors fault for putting that into the show. And Russell Brand is payed to be an on the edge comedian so he has to do things that make people think he goes over the top, sometimes he will go over the edge and its the editors job to keep that material of the airways.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-09, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence96 View Post
... he said that in crocodile dundee the "thats not a knife..." scene was obviously phallic, how can you confuse a knife for a phallus?...
I'm guessing you've never heard of Freud and didn't know "vagina" means "sword-sheath" then?

:oh where's the wryly quizzical cyclops?:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-09, 07:36 PM

freud was an awesome man. This is his best work:

He suggested that all boys between the ages of 3 and 5 suffer from the Oedipus complex. This is where the child( aged 3-5) has an intense sexual desire for his mother. Because of this he believes that his Father sees the child a sexual threat, so is going to castrate his child. To stop this from happening the child identifies with his father, thus copying him so that his father will no longer castrate him.

I know I don't remember much from when I was three, but I think its safe to say I never wanted to have sex with my mother, at aged three I didn't even know what it was

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 11:16 AM

And that means that everything Freud said was necessarily rubbish?

I think it's pretty obvious, personally, that a lot of men who like big knives, guns or fast sleek cars do it because they feel themselves lacking in other departments and want to make up for it. The car, gun or knife is a substitute penis. Ask any female friends about the "big car - small dick" equation, and see if any agree with you. My guess is most of them will.

*don't ask if you have a big car, or a gun, or a big knife, it's probably not worth it. Just continue in ignorance is my recommendation.

*exceptions obviously include the use of 4-wheel drives and shotguns for farmers, big knives for men whose job it is to fillet fish or cut sugar cane, and such like.

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 10:08 PM

I've asked and the answer in no apparently

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 10:28 PM

You only know one woman? Or did they all say no? I'm unclear as to sample size (oo-err).

But if you conducted a survey and none of the women you asked had ever made any (negative) correlation between big cars and small dicks... well, perhaps my theory doesn't hold. Perhaps I'm just compensating for not having a big car.

Last edited by Red Orc; 01-16-09 at 10:31 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode