Film Misconceptions - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 10:40 AM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

Can i just throw in the Atom bomb bit from the new Indiana Jones film please? That annoyed me so much i nearly left the cinema, and thats saying alot for me cos i love the other Indy films but... WTF??!?! Leaving asside the fallout, who would survive being thrown that far inside a lead lined tomb/fridge?!?!

Sheesh its enough to keep u up at night!! Grrrrr

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 10:49 AM
Who the hell is LVix?

LVix's Flag is: Great Britain

The part in Die Hard 4 where the bad guys girl gets slammed into a concrete wall by a pickup truck at speed.... then manages to do some rather nice martial arts maneuvers with not so much as "owch, that hurt a bit"... I'll go with a few others on injurys either being over stated or vastly more common... understated in a lot of films. Though I must admit to letting my standards slide when its a Sci-fi or Fantasy film.

Come to Heresy's very own Warhammer Fantasy Battle forum!

Syph - My, it's hard to talk 3D isn't it?! -

Tzeentch... the god all the girls follow!
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 12:00 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

And then we can get into the whole "Evil henchmen who can't hit the side of a barn" debate, in which a dozen goons can open fire on our hero and ALL manage to miss. Our hero then opens fire and kills all twelve...

And in hand-to-hand; why do the goons usually take on the hero one at a time? It's like they want to watch their buddies get stomped in interesting ways BEFORE they join in...

Edit: Just watched an episode of the Clone Wars, with more "Mass goon firepower not hitting anything". Now, is it me, or wouldn't "battle" droids be pretty damn good shots with their guns? These guys hit even less than IG conscripts...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate

Last edited by Deneris; 11-10-08 at 02:51 PM.

post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 05:48 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

at least the battle droids admit there crap shots

1: bad guys in movies/TV series ALWAYS knowing perfect marshal arts, even the lowest goon seems able to suddenly become competent when he meats the hero.

2: bullets stopping at doors, empty metal drums, cardboard boxes and people, they usually go through all

2.5: bullets going through someone.....in a straight line

3: this is basically an observation from Sharpe the new episode, he has his sword that he broke.

4: mostly based off starship troopers, no squad support weapons, no armour, no air support, no artillery/mortar support nothing

post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 02:55 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

well, remember in saving private ryan when the guys were getting shot up underwater by the nazis? well, it's proven to be impossible to kill someone. the farthest a bullet can go underwater is several inches. they had a mythbusters episode on this. so most movies showing people getting shot up underwater is inaccurate. i might be wrong
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 03:32 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneris View Post
And then we can get into the whole "Evil henchmen who can't hit the side of a barn" debate, in which a dozen goons can open fire on our hero and ALL manage to miss. Our hero then opens fire and kills all twelve...

And in hand-to-hand; why do the goons usually take on the hero one at a time? It's like they want to watch their buddies get stomped in interesting ways BEFORE they join in...

Edit: Just watched an episode of the Clone Wars, with more "Mass goon firepower not hitting anything". Now, is it me, or wouldn't "battle" droids be pretty damn good shots with their guns? These guys hit even less than IG conscripts...
yeah, i noticed that before clone troopers turned against the jedi, they were superior shots and killed anyone they saw. then they turn against the jedi and can't hit the broad side of a barn and run stupidly into lightsabers
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 01:51 PM

The_Inquisitor's Flag is: Wales

Stirrups in Roman era fims are also quite wrong. Stirrups on horses weren't invented until William the Conquerer had takenover Britain. Yet, on several Ancient Historical movies i.e 300 we see the men galloping about with stirrups gallore. I wish some people would do research before putting things into apparently "accurate" historical films.

L
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 03:19 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Inquisitor View Post
Yet, on several Ancient Historical movies i.e 300 we see the men galloping about with stirrups gallore. I wish some people would do research before putting things into apparently "accurate" historical films.
300, Ancient Historical movie and accurate in the same paragraph?

post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 06:08 PM

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

how about the mingun in games and movies?

carrying around AND firing a mingun, i bloody well think not, looking at wiki right now and they reckon it can fir 4000 rounds per miniute without overheating the recoil would be immensly powerfull, and thats without factoring in the weight of the power pack for it.

i remember watching a special feature on the resident evil: apocalypse DVD and it shows how the actor who played nemesis (who is 6 foot 6 and about as broad, with more muscles then the seafood counter at tescos (some liberty taken with the description)) was physically kicked back by a cut down version, about 1/3rd the normal size, with blank amunition (not sure if this affects it but im guessing it would).

of course with movies based in the future this is fine as weapons tech would be advanced so recoil could feasibly be reduced, but with movies/games set in modern times no

course if you can prove me wrong please do so......

with video proof

Quisnam praesumo, successio
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 07:08 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Blade Trinity seriously...annoyed me (not a real life thing obviously cause it's full of vampires etc) but in the first 2 films the vamps are physically superior to humans in every way- quicker reflexes, faster movements, immensely strong etc.

Yet apparently Jessica Biels and Ryan Reynolds can easily take them on (Reynolds taking several killer punches from one vamp and shaking it off) whilst the vamps almost look like they're moving in slow motion...it's just annoying. Rant Over.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode