Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

500pt - Imperial Fists

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fenris249 
#1 ·
Hello, Heresy Online community. I'm brand new to 40k, just picked up my codex and rulebook and I'm looking to build my first army. But before I spend a few hundred dollars I'd like to know if I'm headed in the right direction.

Imperial Fists (500pts)

Captain (130)
Jump Pack
Melta Bombs
Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad (160)
Melta Bombs
Heavy Bolter x1
Flamer x1

Assault Squad (100)
Melta Bombs
Flamer x2

Devastator Squad (110)
Heavy Bolter x4

I'm in love with the idea of fielding a infantry/bolter focused Imperial Fists army (and would rather not have a Librarian, or transports outside of maybe a Drop Pod), and I think that I have a few bases covered, but may be lacking in AA/Mobility/Anti-Armor.

What do you guys think? This is just the start of what I will eventually turn into a 2000 point Imperial Fists army, so is this somewhat playable and is there anything I'm overlooking? If so that's great, because from a Lore/Visuals stand-point I can already picture the army in my head and am in love with it already!

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
So i assume that the point of the list is to take advantage of the bolter drill special rule. But keep in mind that imperial fists also have tank hunter so the devastator unit would benefit from anti tank more than anti infantry. im not a huge fan of the assault squads myself. They really struggle getting into combat and when they do its usually with something that can beat them. The flamers on the squad are ok but you need to keep in mind that you run the risk of killing to many foes out of range and losing the charge. also you've given up attacks. the tac squad needs a rhino or a drop pod IMO. i think that them in the back field requires more static weaponry. you can take a razor back and combat squad the unit and put the flamer and seargent in the razor back and the heavy botler behind to shoot at stuff without the movement worry. But i like missile launchers better. With what you have there i would take a closer look at the ultramarines. they suck fluff wise, but they have pretty solid chapter tactics.

P.S. new space marine book drops soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.