Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1600 Space Wolves (help!)

990 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dusk2Dawn 
#1 ·
Okay so i currently have the space wolves battle force but i am finding it very hard to create a list that pleases me but this is what i have got so far.I am planning on buying the two HQ's and another space wolves pack to make the wolf guard and the blood claws

HQ:Logan Grimnar (275)
Rune Priest w/Term armour,Chooser of the slain,Wolftooth necklace,rune sword and saga of the warrior born (175)

Elites: 5 Wolf scouts w/ mark of the wulfen ,1 plasma pistol ,1 power sword and 1 heavy bolter(125)

Troops: 9 Bloodclaws + Lukas the trickster w/ 1 power fist ,1 plasma gun (325)

10 grey hunters w/mark of the wulfen ,drop pod ,1 power fist ,1 meltagun (230)

10 grey hunters w/mark of the wulfen ,wolf standard ,1 power sword ,1 plasma gun (200)

5 wolf guard (power armour) w/2 wolf claws ,1 storm shield + thunder hammer ,1 thunder hammer ,1 frost blade with storm bolter (213)

Any suggetions are welcome :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay so i currently have the space wolves battle force but i am finding it very hard to create a list that pleases me but this is what i have got so far.I am planning on buying the two HQ's and another space wolves pack to make the wolf guard and the blood claws

HQ:Logan Grimnar (275)
A nice hq but he is the price of a land raider, I tend to avoid him in games under 2k for that reason.

Rune Priest w/Term armour,Chooser of the slain,Wolftooth necklace,rune sword and saga of the warrior born (175)
Your RP isn't that great in combat, I wouldn't bother with the WTN or the SotWB. Those points are better spent elsewhere in a list.

Elites: 5 Wolf scouts w/ mark of the wulfen ,1 plasma pistol ,1 power sword and 1 heavy bolter(125)
Scouts are fairly squishy, they also got nerfed hard with the new rules in terms of not being able to assault on the turn you arrive from reserves. I would at most give them a melta gun and try for backfield armor. That runs about 85 points for 5 guys and a melta gun. It is still fairly pricey though for something that will be lucky to last past the turn it arrives.

Troops: 9 Bloodclaws + Lukas the trickster w/ 1 power fist ,1 plasma gun (325)
If this is for fluffy fun cool, if your wanting to be more competitive oriented then this is a extremely expensive and lackluster unit for the points spent.

10 grey hunters w/mark of the wulfen ,drop pod ,1 power fist ,1 meltagun (230)
I love drop pod GH units. At 10 men you can get 2 special range weapons for the price of one. I would go with a power axe and the wolf standard over the power fist though. The wolf standard is amazing and well worth finding the points for it.

10 grey hunters w/mark of the wulfen ,wolf standard ,1 power sword ,1 plasma gun (200)
Same notes as above.

5 wolf guard (power armour) w/2 wolf claws ,1 storm shield + thunder hammer ,1 thunder hammer ,1 frost blade with storm bolter (213)
This is a lot of points spent for a unit in PA on foot.

Any suggetions are welcome :)
First questions is what point level are you shooting for. What are you wanting out of this game play? Is it simple friendly games with your buddies or are you after a highly competitive list? The answers to these can be fairly important in terms of what you should consider buying next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.