help a noob take out some woodelfs with minas tirith warriors War of the ring

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings For all discussion related to the LotR game.

help a noob take out some woodelfs with minas tirith warriors War of the ring

The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

#1 Old 07-09-11, 04:57 PM help a noob take out some woodelfs with minas tirith warriors War of the ring
dandan1350
dandan1350's Flag is: United Kingdom
Default help a noob take out some woodelfs with minas tirith warriors War of the ring

So I'm brand new to this war of the ring and me and my friend are palying 150point skirmish, so I need to get my warriors to take out his wood elfs just one problem. I have to take a couage test to attack, and i cant just arrow him to death because of his stupid cloaks *grumbles* so anyone got any ideas to take him out?

also with minas tirith warrirs they have : D 5(7) : what does that mean defese seven or defense 5? thanks for the help
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 07-11-11, 03:38 PM help a noob take out some woodelfs with minas tirith warriors War of the ring
Garat Jax
Garat Jax's Flag is: England

What are your forces mate or are you starting from scratch? do you have any idea what he is using? Without specifics I would say your best bet is try and go for a more elite force. So Guards of the Fountain Court, Knights / Men at Arms of Dol Amroth or Citadel Guards (all with shields and heavy armour where you can). Normally I'd be worried about you getting out numbered but that's not a problem against elves. If you can squeeze in a company or two of cavalry as well that would help for flanking him but your main idea is make them as tough as possible so they can shrug off the inevitable bow fire and get them in hand to hand.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings