1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive

Space Marine Army Lists

#1 Old 04-07-11, 08:51 PM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
zealotic
zealotic's Flag is: USA
Default 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive

Hey guys, I've been making a blood angels descendent chapter, and found I had a bunch of models left over, so I reasoned I would make another small marine army.

The World Engine story clung to the back of my brain like a sticky miasma of AWESOME, so I'm making an Astral Knights army, counting them as Black Templars, for the charge into certain death aspect of them.

I'm not a fan of building, or painting, rhinos, especially since they're 15 points over priced in this codex, so I'm trying to make a foot slogging army, as follows

HQ
140- Emperorís Champion w/ accept any challenge
195- Grimaldus
The emperor's Champion with accept any challenge is the only choice
I added Grimaldus because he rang as effing awesome to me, the 3 cenobytes with him, along with the crusader seals in my neophyte squads should make getting to grips with the enemy all the easier.
Both of these guys will join a squad, trying to keep at least 3 squads in Grimalus's aura of choose who you consolidate towards, along with the fact that he has a relic means when I do get there even if only 15ish out of the 40 get there, they can still stomp some face

ELITE
155- Venerable Dread w/drop pod
To be honest this is really just because I have one hanging around that I really need to paint, not attached to it in the list though
FAST ATTACK
130- 2 attack bikes w/ multi-meltas
over priced I know, but I GOTZ TA HAZ MY MELTA

HEAVY SUPPORT
125- Predator Destructor w/ lascannon sponsons
again, anti-tank, not too attached to it being in the list

TROOPS
210- 10 initiates w/ bp and ccw, power weapon, meltagun, frag grenades, crusader seals
210- same
210- same
210- same

4 squads of cheap-ish smash-ish face, the prefered enemy granted by the Emperor's champion, and choice of where to consoldate from grimaldus make these guys easy enough to control
Total
140+195+155+130+4*210

40 points to play with, I'm thinking of changing the oath to the kill the witch one for the "scout" consolidate, since everyone and their mother has got a librarian, or whatever, in their list, it's also cheaper by far

so here it is, the basic strategy is to kill tanks and transports with the bikes, tanks, etc, and to charge forward, hugging cover as much as possible, with the initiates.
somewhere between 15 and 20 initiates should make it, with grimaldus and the Champion helping them carve a path

comments, criticism, and list ammendments welcomed
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 04-08-11, 02:51 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
dspadres

If you're going footsloggers with these guys then you need to put neophytes in those squads. Even if you keep them in range of Grimaldus so they don't run, you're still going to lose a lot of guys. In the long run you want to keep more marines alive longer. You can lose the Dread to get the points for them. 5 in each squad should be enough. Also the power weapons should be switched for a power fist. You'll lose an attack but you're getting a better chance to wound plus it gives you something to hit MC's and walkers/vehicles with in case shooting isn't enough.

I've never had much luck with bikes, so I hope you do. If they don't work out then swap them for 2 Landspeeders with HF/MM or Typhoons with the standard heavy bolter.

#3 Old 04-08-11, 03:36 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
Kastle
Kastle's Flag is: USA

If you are going foot slogging then run zero things with AV value. Go all dudes with wounds.

So i would drop the Dread and the Predator to run more bikes...(might be over costed but 24"melta on a relentless platform is good!)

Aslo in each of the Initiate squad i would drop the Seals and 2 initiates to run 4 neophytes.

I would also put what remaining points in to get more Neophytes...

My 2 cents

~Kastle

#4 Old 04-08-11, 03:40 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
zealotic
zealotic's Flag is: USA

changed my list a bit
HQ
140- Emperor’s Champion w/ accept any challenge
195- Grimaldus
150- Marshall w/ term. Armor, pair of lightning claws, term. Honors,

ELITE
225- 5 ass. Term.s w/ 2 lightning claws, 3 TH/SS, all w/ crusader seals, furious charge (marshall attached)

FAST ATTACK
130- 2 attack bikes w/ multi-meltas

TROOPS
210- 10 initiates w/ power weapon, meltagun, frag grenades, crusader seals
210- same (Grimaldus attached)
210- same (Champion attached)

Total
140+195+150+225+130+3*210

ok so now my guys aren't Ld 8, and I've got a small hammer unit, I don't own any land raiders, so I'll have to deepstrike the termies up close, using it as an anvil, or a hammer if the situation allows

If however I were to start playing games larger than 1500, the first thing I would put in would be an LRC

again, comments... criticisms?

Last edited by zealotic; 04-08-11 at 03:43 AM.

#5 Old 04-08-11, 04:35 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
damnation321
damnation321's Flag is: Canada

3 Hq's is a little to much for 1500pts in my opinion. First you should get rid of grimaldus. He's a little to expenisve for what he does and you can take a cheaper but more effective chaplain. On that note i'd drop the chaplain because i personally find my guys going in the right direction towards the enemy. Plus you can always redirect the squad in your turn anyways. I'd also suggest rhino's for the crusaders but hell being a templar myself i would love to run the black tide and crush all my enemies. Also a better choice would be putting the marshal on the table from the get go so you have leadership 10 on your guys right off the start. I personally find my marshal with a thunder hammer and a storm shield to do great in most of my games. Anyways i hope this helps, good luck. NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

#6 Old 04-08-11, 07:56 PM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
Aegir Einarsson
Aegir Einarsson's Flag is: Poland

Ok, in my opinion, If you plan footsloging army I will make some changes. I will take two MoS and put them in 20 people sqad 10 Ini and 10 neo. Chaplain have crusader seals, so you can re-roll rightous zeal move. add 3 servitors and you will have additional 3 inches.
I will make two large sqad's with 20 people add each MoS to sqads, make third sqad with emperor's champion, maby with termies, if so, you also don't need to give them crusader seal's because EC already havethem. And If you wan't to take termies I'll take 4 with LC and three with hammers/SS. But i don't think that they are necesarry for 1500 point's. that'sfor now, later I'llmake some list and paste it here.

#7 Old 04-09-11, 06:28 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
Aegir Einarsson

Ok, here is a list:

1. HQ
MoS + 3 servitors

MoS + 3 servitors

EC+ Abhor the witch...

= 390

troops:

1. 10Ini + 10 Neo + P.fist + MG (from special rules of MoS every unit in the sqad may re-roll to hit in turn they charge, so neo also benefits from this). Of course with BP and CCW, also with 3 servitors you can add +3 Inches to your righteus zeal move, and that is nice

2. 10Ini + 10 Neo + P.fist + MG

3. 5Ini + LC + MG (you can take ML and don't take LC )

4. 5Ini + LC + MG

= 760

3. Fast Attack

2x Atack bike + MM

2x Atack bike + MM

= 260

1410 point's, you have 90 point's to take.

You will have some nice AV with LC and MM bikes and serious CC punch with +- 60 re-roll atacks when you charge;)

#8 Old 04-09-11, 11:50 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
dspadres

How do you get the extra 3" move? I didn't know that servitors allowed that.

#9 Old 04-09-11, 12:36 PM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
dspadres

Nevermind. I just looked it up.

#10 Old 04-10-11, 06:27 AM 1500 first Black Templars list, semi-competitive
Aegir Einarsson

It is written ,in armoury section -> servitors, each one gives you additional 1 inch so if you have 3...., but seriously what you think about list I posted above?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists