blind grenades

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

blind grenades

40k Rules Discussion

#1 Old 04-06-11, 03:20 PM blind grenades
callred
callred's Flag is: United Kingdom
Default blind grenades

basic one i know - if only the GK GM has blind grenades and hes in a squad of termies do the grenades affect everyone who assaults them - in rules in states the 'unit equipped with defensive grenades'

ta

I KNEW THAT SOMEDAY I WAS GONNA DIE / AND I KNEW BEFORE I DIED TWO THINGS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME / THAT NUMBER ONE I WOULD REGRET MY ENTIRE LIFE / AND NUMBER TWO I WOULD WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN

QUOTE BY: HUBERT SELBY JR. (1928-2004)
QUOTED: SOUNDBITE IN OF WALKING ABORTION
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 04-06-11, 03:49 PM blind grenades
Aramoro

I would say yes, the unit that was assaulted has Defensive grenades so the whole unit benefits.

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

#3 Old 04-06-11, 03:50 PM blind grenades
Vaz
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It says the unit, not if each model in the unit.

Also think about it - throwing down some grenades will effect the entire unit.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=164474

Enter here to get yourself worldwide notoriety.

#4 Old 04-06-11, 03:53 PM blind grenades
Aramoro

Thinking about it would normally help but this is GW, Assault grenades are on a model by model basis.

#5 Old 04-06-11, 04:16 PM blind grenades
callred

thats sorta why i asked in daemonhunters you could only buy frags/kracks for Justicar so only he would go first in assaults against cover - just wondered if it only affected the models in bsb with the GK GM - however it would make sense for the whole unit to benefit from effects

(on a side note yay 301 posts yay )

#6 Old 04-06-11, 06:36 PM blind grenades
Grinnsira

Quote:
Originally Posted by callred View Post
thats sorta why i asked in daemonhunters you could only buy frags/kracks for Justicar so only he would go first in assaults against cover - just wondered if it only affected the models in bsb with the GK GM - however it would make sense for the whole unit to benefit from effects

(on a side note yay 301 posts yay )
The grenades affect the squad so every one assaulting in that unit that has the Justicar in it would go first. Its not like "oh crap the Justicar throw a grenade get down for his attacks then get up to fight everyone else. The assaulted unit all keep their heads down.

#7 Old 04-06-11, 11:42 PM blind grenades
Tim/Steve
WFB Moderator
Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

No- its been in FAQs before that frag grenades only help the model that carries them... if someone has time on their hands they might be able to go find the entry...

Defensive grenades must affect the whole of the assaulting unit, simply for the reason that if they don't there would have to be additional rules for who loses their bonus attacks and who doesnt... that's a real mess that you could get into discussing that one.
Having it affecting the whole unit really is the only sensible way of playing it.

#8 Old 04-07-11, 08:20 AM blind grenades
callred

thats what I thought - and yes thats why assaulting GK into covered units in old codex was a no no unless from a LRC as everyone got to twat them first

#9 Old 04-07-11, 08:41 AM blind grenades
Herr-Flick
Herr-Flick's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
No- its been in FAQs before that frag grenades only help the model that carries them... if someone has time on their hands they might be able to go find the entry...

Defensive grenades must affect the whole of the assaulting unit, simply for the reason that if they don't there would have to be additional rules for who loses their bonus attacks and who doesnt... that's a real mess that you could get into discussing that one.
Having it affecting the whole unit really is the only sensible way of playing it.
Or ofcourse if not the entire unit (or atleast more than half of the unit) has them they dont work?

Edit

Hmmm no let me revise that, if a IC has defencive grenades it can pefectly work only for the member in the unit that are attacking him.
Just as if for instance he would be the only one with assault grenades charging trough terrain.
He would be the only one in the unit attacking on normal initiative he after all for the purpose of cc is considered a seperate unit iirc.

Please dont mind my spelling, dyslectic Dutchman trying to type

Last edited by Herr-Flick; 04-07-11 at 09:03 AM.

#10 Old 04-07-11, 09:12 AM blind grenades
Fallen
Fallen's Flag is: USA

grenades will only effect the model that is carrying Grenades, for instance for CSM if Typhus (who has both assault & defensive grenades) joined a unit of Termies (no grenades) and he granted the whole unit to have O,D grenades itd be insane.

so in short everyone thats B2B with the Grand Master will be effected by the blind grenades. the GM will not be effected by terrain.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion