Space Wolf Characters + Wargear

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Space Wolf Characters + Wargear

General 40k

#1 Old 12-26-10, 03:49 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
23nsky
23nsky's Flag is: Australia
Default Space Wolf Characters + Wargear

What is the limits on the rules of "Space Wolf Characters" may NOT have duplicate wargear or psyhic gifts?

I believe its ok for, say example, 3 Rune Priests to ALL have Jaws of the World Wolf provided their second power is different (i.e.: one with "Tempest Wrath", another with "Storm Caller", etc...).

What then is the deal with Wargear? Must it be considered different for each model, or if the model has different pyshic powers is that difference enough for each Rune Priest to be able to have identical gear?

Hope I'm being clear. Would be good to understand this.
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 12-26-10, 04:06 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

You're right on the Psychic powers bit, but I don't know about wargear.

Midnight

If so, consider buying or trading for my armies of Dark Angels or Orks!

#3 Old 12-26-10, 04:57 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
Master WootWoot
Master WootWoot's Flag is: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23nsky View Post
...Space Wolf Characters may NOT have duplicate wargear or psyhic gifts...
I think what is meant is that a Wolf Lord can't have two thunderhammers or storm shield, or storm bolters. A Runepriest can't have two thunderclaps or any other psychic powers, and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits
Those bloody bits websites are a pain in the ass!! maybe they could sell the same bit to multiple people and they can share it on a rotational basis, like a time share, so that terminator cyclone missile launcher you can have the first week in april, two weeks in august and random rolling weekend in December.

#4 Old 12-26-10, 05:09 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
gen.ahab
Grand Lord Munchkin
gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master WootWoot View Post
I think what is meant is that a Wolf Lord can't have two thunderhammers or storm shield, or storm bolters. A Runepriest can't have two thunderclaps or any other psychic powers, and so on...
Yeah..... Well that's wrong. Partially anyway.

It means that two different wolf lords can not bring the same combination wargear into a fight and that the wargear on a second RP can not be the same combination of wargear or psychic powers as the first RP, or a third or a forth.

Basically they cannot have the same saga, they cannot have the same combinations of wargear, and they cannot have the same combinations of psychic powers.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 12-26-10 at 05:13 PM.

#5 Old 12-27-10, 07:56 AM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
Deathscythe4722
Deathscythe4722's Flag is: USA

Ahab got it right.

No two HQs can have the same Saga,

The same COMBINATION of wargear,

or the same COMBINATION of Psychic powers

#6 Old 12-27-10, 12:26 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
Master WootWoot

What? Can't I have two Wolf Lords with Storm Bolters and Frost Axes? That sounds pretty insane.

#7 Old 12-27-10, 12:30 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

But you can if one has Melta Bombs.

Midnight

#8 Old 12-27-10, 03:04 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
23nsky
23nsky's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
But you can if one has Melta Bombs.

Midnight
Question 1) So, sticking with Rune Priests as an example, I CANNOT have the following Rune Priests:

RP1 has Thunderclap and Living Lightning and has NOT replaced any of their wargear

RP2 has Thunderclap and Storm caller, and has ALSO NOT replaced any of their wargear (has Power Armor, Runic Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Grenades)

and the reason I cannot have is because while they have different Psychic powers, their Wargear is the same (no changes from the basic wargear).

However, if I replaced one Rune Priest's Bolt-Pistol with a Bolter/ Bolt-Gun (which is free) they now both become legal as neither has the same Psychic Power AND their wargear is different. Is this correct that because one piece of war-gear is different, the characters now become legally different and allowed to be fielded?

Question 2) Continuing to detail my original question; say we have the same two Rune Priets (now with one with a Bolter/Bolt-Gun). While their psychic powers and wargear is different, only ONE can have "Saga of the Beast-Slayer" as Saga's cannot be duplicated. Is that right?

Question 3) Further detail - if I give one of my RP's "Saga of the Beast Slayer" this has now prevented ANY OTHER character (my Wolf-Lord for example) from choosing this Saga. Is this correct? Does this effectively mean that all Saga's are "one-per-army" choices?

Question 4) Does NOT having a Saga limit Space-wolf characters? (i.e.: if a Space Wolf character CAN take a Saga but has not, and another Space Wolf Chacter CAN take a saga, must the second take a Saga? Can there only be one "saga-less" Space Wolf Character per army?)

Last edited by 23nsky; 12-27-10 at 03:14 PM.

#9 Old 12-27-10, 06:01 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
Master WootWoot

That codex is crazy.

#10 Old 12-27-10, 07:49 PM Space Wolf Characters + Wargear
gen.ahab
Grand Lord Munchkin
gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23nsky View Post
Question 1) So, sticking with Rune Priests as an example, I CANNOT have the following Rune Priests:

RP1 has Thunderclap and Living Lightning and has NOT replaced any of their wargear

RP2 has Thunderclap and Storm caller, and has ALSO NOT replaced any of their wargear (has Power Armor, Runic Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Grenades)

and the reason I cannot have is because while they have different Psychic powers, their Wargear is the same (no changes from the basic wargear).

However, if I replaced one Rune Priest's Bolt-Pistol with a Bolter/ Bolt-Gun (which is free) they now both become legal as neither has the same Psychic Power AND their wargear is different. Is this correct that because one piece of war-gear is different, the characters now become legally different and allowed to be fielded?

Question 2) Continuing to detail my original question; say we have the same two Rune Priets (now with one with a Bolter/Bolt-Gun). While their psychic powers and wargear is different, only ONE can have "Saga of the Beast-Slayer" as Saga's cannot be duplicated. Is that right?

Question 3) Further detail - if I give one of my RP's "Saga of the Beast Slayer" this has now prevented ANY OTHER character (my Wolf-Lord for example) from choosing this Saga. Is this correct? Does this effectively mean that all Saga's are "one-per-army" choices?

Question 4) Does NOT having a Saga limit Space-wolf characters? (i.e.: if a Space Wolf character CAN take a Saga but has not, and another Space Wolf Chacter CAN take a saga, must the second take a Saga? Can there only be one "saga-less" Space Wolf Character per army?)
Answer #1 Yes, if you had different psychic power combinations and wargear combinations it would be legal.

Answer #2 ....Yes.

Answer #3......... Yes.

Answer #4 What the fuck are you on about? No, but where would you get that from?

Ok, let me sum it up again, you cannot have the same combination of psychic powers, you cannot have the same combination of wargear choices, you cannot have more than one character with the same sagas(only taken once). Nowhere did I say you had to take a saga, it is not a compulsory choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master WootWoot View Post
That codex is crazy.
The codex is meant to fit their fluff, it isn't as though this is difficult to grasp.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 12-27-10 at 07:52 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k