Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

jumping on the bandwagon - a skaven plog

15K views 76 replies 22 participants last post by  apidude 
#1 ·
yes, that's right heretics, i've gone all horde nuts. as soon as i saw the models from the IOB boxed set, i decided that it was high time i dove back into the WFB world.

so i went straight out and bought a box of Stormvermin, and Warlord Queek Headtaker to get me started.

the primary colours of this army are mecherite red, dheneb stone, and charadon granite, all doused with liberal coats of devlan mud. this scheme will be carried out throughout the army. without further ado, here's some snaps...[as a side note, i suck at digital photography - the models look significantly better "in the flesh"]

full regiment [x20 Stormvermin]

command

troop selection

Queek Headtaker

i entered Queek into a painting competition at my local GW store, on the IOB release day, and he won! needless to say, i'm pretty pleased with him.

some of the IOB Clanrats and Weapons Teams will follow fairly shortly. enjoy, heretics - comments and criticism are always welcome.

See less See more
#70 ·
army painting challenge - april entry

Another month, another unit! This time it's the turn of SkavenSlaves with slings [Warsphinxes beware!]...

Really like the bases I used on these models - from Fantascape Bases. They produce a top quality product. Also, I discovered that applying gloss varnish to warpstone makes it look even cooler! Currently in the process of going back and applying some to all my other models that need it.

In other news, must remember to post an army shot [possibly on the battlefield!]. As always, comments and criticism are most welcome...

#75 · (Edited)
@ everyone - thanks for all the kind words; it really does help motivate me to keep trying to improve my painting!

Just a quick post to throw up a picture that has already appeared elsewhere on the forum - my May entry for the Army Painting Competition...

#76 ·
I have actually just bought a unit of Plague monks for my really old Skaven army, it´s a few years old so the paintjobb on existing units are not the best. What I wanted with this i just to say that it was your great looking models that inspired me to ge back to them again, Thank you. :)

#77 ·
What I wanted with this i just to say that it was your great looking models that inspired me to get back to them again, Thank you. :)
While I don't have Skaven army, your models have SERIOUSLY tempted me to start one...... but, I gotta stay focused on my Dark Elves through the end of 2011. However, they are now certainly on the list.... impressive work and thanks for sharing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.