Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Forkmasters Emperor's Children Warband WIP!

31K views 145 replies 24 participants last post by  forkmaster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well as many might know Im a die hardcore IG-fan but I also love the forces of Chaos (corrupted IG:men and CSM). Well during my making of Imperial Guardsmen, I got bored and wanted to make some other models, here's my results. The models will be based upon my fan-fic characters just like my other project log.

Bare with me, the models will show up in the next reply. I prefer clean introduktions (meaning no images). :biggrin:

This is my Traitor Legion Warband, consiting of Death Guard and Emperors Children. Driven by somewhat same cause, they have forged a smaller alliance as their specific worshipped God tolerate one and another. Lead by the swollen infested Death Guard Dauler Frameius (Typhus model) and the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, Luuk Serdar, once a proud Emperors Children champion, now a brutal traitor with a twisted mind.

Army-list (***Will be updated soon***):

#2 ·
First model you'll see is former Captain Dauler Frameius of the Death Guard, now a feared Chaos Lord Commander. One of the Chosen Nine (nine Warlords chosen during the Horus Heresy for a great prophecy dealing with the 4 great Chaos Gods). The model used to picture him is Typhus, the Herald of Nurgle:

#6 ·
I will think about if I get more mdoels. I wanted to try a different approach on the Death Guard as not everyone looks the same! Thanks for the rep! :victory:

You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline. I suggest converting him, maybe add a PF or tentacles. Or I would highly suggest converting a Terminator Lord model.
Actually, you can. That's the beauty of Counts-As. You can change the name of any model you want, as long as the points remain the same and there are no changes in the rules or stats, you can do exactly that..or you can take a regular model and use it as a character. So..yes. He can. As long as his opponents understand what it going on.
Well the other guy answered for me, and these guys Im not going to play with. Just gluing them together and painting them and put them up on my wall for viewing pretty much. :) So I thought they might as well represent some from my fac fin. :grin:

#4 ·
You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline. I suggest converting him, maybe add a PF or tentacles. Or I would highly suggest converting a Terminator Lord model.

#5 ·
You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline.
Actually, you can. That's the beauty of Counts-As. You can change the name of any model you want, as long as the points remain the same and there are no changes in the rules or stats, you can do exactly that..or you can take a regular model and use it as a character. So..yes. He can. As long as his opponents understand what it going on.

#7 ·
So while during my pause from IG:men I went for some Chaos. You will see some difference on the models as seven new ones are mixed with 4 old ones (the new have the slightly lighter colors and the old ones harsch with brown inc). Let's see if you can see the difference. This is squad 1:

P.S: I never thought about until now but I took 7 pictures on 1st squad (Nurgles holy Number). :biggrin:

#11 ·
Really liking that butchers apron thing. Awesome effect.

You should wash the green because the green of the DG is used, diseased, cancerous, gangreen green, not freshly mowed and watered lawn green.

The gasmask model is great, really liking it.

#10 ·
This is my 2nd Nurgle squad, Im kinda disappointed with the guy with a spear on his back-pack (or whatever to call it):

I think this would be my Aspiring Champion:

This is a single Possessed Marine without any squad right now (he has the old possessed parts for head and right arm):

#13 ·
I think your green is really starting to work for me on the Shoulder Pad of this Champion.
It looks much smoother and the highlighting brings the green up nicely.

I echo the paint thinning comments others have made but think theres no need for Devlen Mud if you do the green like the champ.

You do need to do a second coat on the base edges as the white undercoat is showing through a bit.

#14 · (Edited)
Here comes my first Emperors Children Noise Marine Squad, its not fluffy mixing them together but I'd imagine they work together better than Slaanesh and Khornate figures or Tzeenzch and Nurgle. I can say right now, some of them were seriously frakked up so be nice.

I can add these shoulder-pads have been repainted and looks much better now after these pictures were taken.

#15 ·
Here comes the Orks! Pardon the bad quality, somehow the focus simply wouldnt end up on the Orks as I wanted. I'll get on taking some new pics on the latest Emperors Children regular Marines and Possessed Marines as soon as I can.

#16 ·
So finally some new pictures here! I'm going to update my first post, adding some short information about both my armies then Im gonna try and change this threads name.

My first Possessed Squad:

My Aspiring champion:

My personal favorite:

#17 ·
This is my first normal 10-man Chaos Space Marine squad, but I choosed to continue on the Emperors Children tone, so that makes it the second squad in their colors:

Can tell you guys this heavy bolter dude went wrong in all possible ways. I do not like how he ended up:

#18 ·
Nice work so far. These guys are comming along nicely. Like the blue on the standard bearer in the last squad. At the risk of sounding like everyone else a brown wash on the PM's would do wonders. It really gives them a dirty/gritty feel.

#20 ·
Yes, the standard bearer was highly successful of being daemon-looking. There is a character in the Word bearers trilogy that I based him upon (I think it is a standard bearer as well, long time since I read it). Ok, now Im not sure what PM's is, but I will keep it in mind once I find out what you mean. :) But thanks for the + rep.

They looks great! Also, thats a nice amount of pictures you have posted! :)
Thank you, yes I have 2 motives. 1st) I want to show all details as good as possible 2nd) When Im in other threads I always want to see as much as possible of the miniatures posted so Im trying to not make that mistake of showing too little of it all. :eek:k:

#21 ·
I dont know why, but i actually really really like the possessed, theres just something about them that i really love xD what did you use to get the pink colour btw? because gw stopped making tentacle pink (shame, i really liked it :( ) +rep!

#24 ·
Thank you so much for the generous rep! Yeah I had the same problem when I thought "Hey, lets do some Emperors Children!" Well at my local store I got recommended another color (now GW product), can try and get a good pic on the color and youll see, and from there Ive tried different combos to get the perfect pink.

First I used the pink + warlock purple mix (which I can assume The Wraithlord refers to in his comment about) where the paint dried up faster than anticipated and thats why the color is so thick. Thats the first models where they have sonic weaponry.

Then I tried 2 lines of pink, which is the possessed and my 2nd squad of regular EC (no sonic) and my first Terminator. That went pretty ok, a bit too light on the pink though.

Then I tried on my 3rd squad with pink, but it was too thick and uncontrolled, so I tried mixing it with Liche purple, and that is among some of the best mixs for my EC!

Same, those possessed are REALLY good! I love the scheme, it's really effective and clean!
Why thank you, yes I would say they are my best work, CSM-speaking. :)

Two things stand out to me:

1) the paint seems a little thick and could stand to be a bit thinner.

2) mold lines. You have GOT to get rid of the mold lines as they ruin even the best paint job.
1) Yes, thats a problem I had on the first none-Plague Marines I tried on, the color dried up faster than I had anticipated.'
2) You have to excuse me, my english is not the best but hopefulyl improving. Im not sure what mold lines your talking about, but I would try and sort them out once I know. :)

#23 ·
Two things stand out to me:

1) the paint seems a little thick and could stand to be a bit thinner.

2) mold lines. You have GOT to get rid of the mold lines as they ruin even the best paint job.

#25 ·
Well I can update everyone and let you know my Daemon Prince, 10 Terminators (another 5 on the way), 5 Possessed, 10 Chosen in Power Armour, 2 new Noise Marines and 3 new Plague Marines + every old already displayed Plague Marines (who have been fixed to look darker, on ym followers in this thread has suggested) are waiting to be photographed and uploaded.

Meanwhile I was wondering, and didnt think I should create a new thread for it. I found this on a "rival" site and wondered, the weapon carried by a Noise Marine to the right, is that an old edition of sonic weaponry?

#27 ·
...I found this on a "rival" site and wondered, the weapon carried by a Noise Marine to the right, is that an old edition of sonic weaponry?

The model on the right with the larger instrument is the old 80s version of a Blastermaster(Synthesizeresque) while the other guys hold the 80s version of a Sonic Blaster(guitaresque).

If youre up for getting Noise Marines my suggestion is either buying the Sonic Weapon upgrade pack from GWs website or converting them yourself. I have no good advice on how you should build them though as I have fuckloads of the current Sonic Gunz myself.

#29 ·
Spawn are a waste of space - believe me i own six, they are difficult to put together and really tricky to paint :( the chaos dreadnought model is also awfull in my opinion, so unless your going to convert one from space marine kits (which i would love to do but im poor :( ) then i wouldnt get one of them either. If your playing dual lash, then a second daemon prince would be great, but if not i wouldnt bother xD i think the ten man squad is your best bet in all honesty :)

#32 ·
They are you say? Hmm, I was thinking much from an artitics point of view, but if or when I ever get into gaming, thats a good advice. I actually want more CSM just cook them together. :biggrin:

If you get a Dread then get a FW one, they are well worth it instead of the 2nd ed CSM dread that looks boring as fuck.
That would have been my idea as well, I really really REALLY hate it being completely in metal and unupdated since I started with the game. My other choice would have been taking a regular SM Dread and convert it as good as I would have been able to.

CSM dreads are not worth their points right now so don't bother with one at all actually.

I can show you with one of your own pics :). Look at the picture below and at the guy on the left in particular. Do you see that line that is running down the middle of his leg? That is a mold line, where the two halves of the mold came together during the casting process. Mold lines are unavoidable yet they are easy to take care of in general but using either a fine file or the edge of a sharp knife to remove them. Any time you go to paint a model take a look at the entire thing before you even basecoat it or before you assemble it even and remove those before you go any further. Your minis will look so much better.
Hmm that sucks, will take your advicement under deep consideration then. Im thinking about another regular squad! And now I get it, I must have missed that one (one of my earlier CSM models, but since its only a years old I should have seen it). Will be much more careful in the future. :)

#31 ·
CSM dreads are not worth their points right now so don't bother with one at all actually.

2) You have to excuse me, my english is not the best but hopefulyl improving. Im not sure what mold lines your talking about, but I would try and sort them out once I know
I can show you with one of your own pics :). Look at the picture below and at the guy on the left in particular. Do you see that line that is running down the middle of his leg? That is a mold line, where the two halves of the mold came together during the casting process. Mold lines are unavoidable yet they are easy to take care of in general but using either a fine file or the edge of a sharp knife to remove them. Any time you go to paint a model take a look at the entire thing before you even basecoat it or before you assemble it even and remove those before you go any further. Your minis will look so much better.

#33 ·
So fello traitors, here comes my latest update! First out I have my Daemon Prince Portus Herkur, former Chapter Master of the III Legiones Astartes, the Emperors Children. He is nowadays known as "Herkur the Perfected" and his daemon name is Sla'Karth'Nar. Im having trouble with naming these guys, the only real references I have on names are the book Fulgrim, first Eisenhorn book and Sons of Dorn. If you have suggestions for better names, please come with them. Im planning on writing an EC-fan fic. :)

Fluff:
He is the former Chapter Master of Emperors Children, now the leader of a Chaos Warband. Like most of his kind he followed Horus during the Great Betrayal. He feautred during the battle of Skalathrax where he personally faced Kharn and one of his Lieutenants but lost and barely escaped.

Sometime during m.37 his warband faced the Ultramarines 7th company and all but destroyed every single Astartes. Those Emperors Children who doesnt wear a trophy from that battle were either incapable to fight before it started, or killed among the first minutes of fighting. After this he ascended to Daemon Princehood, where he is locked away inside his private courters onboard the battlebarge.

Under his commande since Skalathrax he's had about 2 companies, corresponding to about 200 Astartes. This number has been kept up through constant recruiting of new neophytes but in present time (where my novel will take place), they will make a misstake and go down to around 100 Astartes. One of his main goals are to find Fulgrim, his beloved missing Primarch.

P.s: As you can see, I havent choosen head yet. Which one looks better according to you followers?

#34 · (Edited)
First Terminator squad. This is the Phoenix Guard, remnat part of Fulgrims retinue during the Great Crusade. They proudly even wear their original colours to prove it, just like their leader. They are lead by Alder Quirrux, former Captain and now a trustworthy Chaos Lieutenant, or as trustworthy any could get. Some of their members show signs for mutation and possession of daemons. They are truly chosen.

I should also add, this is the 2nd box of Terminators I did actually. ^^

#35 · (Edited)
Then we have a 10-man squad of Terminators, led by Lucas Marerious. He will be only a small bakcground character, a yes-saying type of person, doing whatever his superiors tells him to as long as he's allowed to do whatever he see fits. Gaining pleasure and higher insight and stuff like that. The first half, is the last box I bought and the one Ive been waiting for to make. The 2nd half if the first box I put together of Terminators. Last time I did that was Christmas 2002 I believe. Got some loyalist Termies then. Not many options on them. Pretty boring. XD

As youll see, only the first 5 have spikes for trophies. At first I opposed them, but after seeing them on they grew on me and now I love them. Also notice they have different bases. The last five are meant to look like some Warp space with energy floods going by their feet. The first 5 look like regular rocky ground. I noticed that not until today actually. XD

Also these Terminators show the colours a majority of the Warband have. But they are different shades. The first 5 I mixed different colors. The second 5 I painted with a bright pink twice instead. Something I regret but have to live with.

#36 ·
My last add-on today. These are just fill out guys. 2 Astartes with parts from the Possessed box added to my Noise Marine squad (can be located earlier in this thread). I personally like them. A bit blurry and smal but I hope you ca see them:

#38 ·
Why thank you! After completing them I kinda wished I would have done that colour scheme instead, but by then I had already painted 2 squads in pink so I figured, go on a "winning" concept. :)

#39 ·
Woah, dude, these look awesome! your painting is definatly improving from the first few pictures you showed us :) and on your five man terminator squad, is that washes of devlan mud i see? :D i love devlan mud :3 i'd rep you again but i gotta spread the love a bit more first, either way, fantastic!

#40 ·
Why thank you, yeah pratcise creates experience so hopefully I get better and better. I actually used simple black wash on those Terminators. BUT I have some yet to be uploaded remakes of the Plague Marines where I have used devlan to make them look stinkier. :) No worries, as long as someone looks and likes my figures Im happy. Rep is just a huge plus. :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.