Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

ElTanko's Mix of Marines

6K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  spanner94ezekiel 
#1 ·
This will be my General plog of everything I paint, and they will pretty much be all Marines of some kind (Loyal and Chaos).

So anyway lets kick things off with my favourite model of all time:

CHAPLAIN GRIMALDUS

Retinue:

Group Shot:

C+C as always

ElTanko

See less See more
#5 ·
I love it. Black Templars have always helda soft part in me, so im glad too see that someone is posting Project Logs of them! Have some Rep EITanko, and keep up the good work :)

#10 ·
Looking good. I think I'd paint the other shoulder pad white on your friend's marines. That'd help break up the "Ultramarines with a single white shoulder" thing a bit, and make them seem more unique. It's odd what the smallest changes will do. But yeah, as it stands, they look like Ultramarines... might want to change them up just a bit more to make them more distinctive.

#12 ·
I like the shadow panther scheme, but the white/bone looks very flat against the highlighting on the rest of the model.

+rep for all the freehanding, very nice stuff.

#16 ·
I have struggled to highlight the bone parts on the Sergeant, but I agree it does look a little flat compared to the purple, any suggestions?
Personally i'd give it a brown wash and then use the base colour to bring out the highlights.

Whereabouts in Bristol are you? that's where I live too.
We have a slow-forming southwest heretic invasion brewing...

#18 ·
Damn!!! I used to have one of those termies a few years ago, but I gave it away. I'm jealous that you've got a squad of them. :)

If I was to give any pointers on the painting, I'd have to say that the armour looks a bit blank. This is more of a model observation than a painting observation. I think I'm so spoiled for detail on the new models, that it makes the old ones look a bit plain.

and once again. /jealous

#22 ·
Excellent work here so far, look forward to seeing more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.